+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Exporting US Made Car from Canada to USA - previously imported to Canada from USA

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
I imported my vehicle in Canada from USA when I moved here as PR in 2019. This year I will be moving back to states and want to import same car back to USA. This car was made, bought and registered in USA before being imported into Canada.

Has anyone gone through similar process - I believe alot of steps that are needed in a usual import to USA can be skipped in this case as this vehicle was made and previously registered in USA.

I will appreciate any feedback.

wink

May 25, 2021
I imported my vehicle in Canada from USA when I moved here as PR in 2019. This year I will be moving back to states and want to import same car back to USA. This car was made, bought and registered in USA before being imported into Canada.

Has anyone gone through similar process - I believe alot of steps that are needed in a usual import to USA can be skipped in this case as this vehicle was made and previously registered in USA.

I will appreciate any feedback.
I myself personally not done this, but I searched and read about this scenario (in the past).... You don't need to do anything special (like importing/exporting), just go to your local DMV and get it registered... I hope you have the original title yet... When I imported my car into Canada, the border officials told me hold onto the title and I might need it if I am bringing it back to US someday... So I am having it with me... But I read in this forum that even without the original title you can get it registered with DMV (but I don't remember what they used in place of that..)... if you have the title, that's all you need.

Reactions: Rawhide

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
I myself personally not done this, but I searched and read about this scenario (in the past).... You don't need to do anything special (like importing/exporting), just go to your local DMV and get it registered... I hope you have the original title yet... When I imported my car into Canada, the border officials told me hold onto the title and I might need it if I am bringing it back to US someday... So I am having it with me... But I read in this forum that even without the original title you can get it registered with DMV (but I don't remember what they used in place of that..)... if you have the title, that's all you need.
Thank you I have the original title.

Reactions: wink