+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Explore Canada- Alternative Choice of Place of Settlement

imu

Jan 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear fariza
done a good and informative job. thanks indeed.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prince Edward Island (PEI) : Prosperity-A Focus for Change

A Message From the Premier

A determined sense of unified provincial purpose is the dominant theme in government’s new economic strategy, Island Prosperity - A Focus for Change.

At its heart, the strategy is all about Islanders - and government’s role in building a brighter and more prosperous future for us all.

As a province, Prince Edward Island has all the building blocks necessary to take a firm step toward a new and exciting future. We are blessed with a hard-working, energetic population which is intensely proud of our entire Island community. We are surrounded by resources that much of the world can only envy. And we are a full and sovereign member in the Canadian family - one of the most successful countries in history.

Our province’s destiny will be determined by the choices we make today. We simply must take advantage of our place in the world in a way that will propel us forward to a new position on the national and global stages.

In brief, the major goals of the plan over the next five years include:

* A nationally recognized center of biotechnology excellence with 2,000 employees

* An information technology sector that will be recognized for its innovative capacity

* Continued cultivation of our thriving aerospace industry

* Increased emphasis on environmentally-friendly energy sources

Island Prosperity - A Focus for Change is a very ambitious plan. It sets forward a disciplined course of action that will offer new opportunities for Islanders - and shift government to far more orderly and accountable decisions on economic investment and direction.

Every element of Island Prosperity - A Focus for Change is strengthened and supported by specific actions, timetables and accountability measures. The unprecedented level of transparency built into the strategy is vitally important - because the plan envisions an investment of approximately $200-million over the next five years. Islanders deserve to know how that money will be spent, and they will.

As a province, we can cast ourselves in a new and brighter light. As a single community, working together on big goals and new ideas, Prince Edward Island is poised to begin a new and innovative chapter in a long, distinguished and proud history. The status quo is unacceptable because yesterday’s path neglects our province’s advantages, strengths and possibilities.

We have the people; we have the tools. And now the work begins.

Premier Robert Ghiz

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT PEI

Current Health Job Opportunities

Pl visit the following website to registrar for Job arriving mail

http://www.gov.pe.ca/health/jobopp/job_opportunities.php

This Website features job opportunities with the Prince Edward Island (PEI) Health Sector and we welcome you to explore the many career options that are available. PEI is a great place to grow your career, spend more time with your family and enjoy the gentle atmosphere of Canada ‘s smallest and greenest province.

Cradled on the waves of the Gulf of St. Lawrence, Prince Edward Island is surrounded by miles of sandy beaches and red sandstone cliffs and is known around the world as a golfing destination. For more information on Prince Edward Island, visit the TourismPEI Website.

You can Sign-up for e-mail alerts and have all new job postings sent to you or click on the link(s) below to view job postings.

Nursing
37 job opportunities to view
(Registered Nurse, Nurse Coordinator, Licensed Practical Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, Mental Health Nurse, Nurse Supervisor, Nurse Policy Analyst, etc.)

Physician
Click to view job opportunitiies
(Family Physician, Radiologist, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Addiction Services Physician, General Surgeon, etc)

Allied Health Professionals
12 job opportunities to view
(Audiologist, Pharmacist, Psychologist, Respiratory Therapist, Speech Language Pathologist, Technicians, Technologists, etc.)

Patient / Resident Support Services
0 job opportunities to view
(Addiction Worker, Psychiatric Attendant, Resident Care Worker, Housekeeper, Chef, Orderly, Transporter, Service Worker, Storeskeeper, etc.)

Administration, Finance and Management
3 job opportunities to view
(Analyst, Coordinator, Officer, Director, Manager, Officer, Program Leader, Supervisor, Quality and Risk Management, Finance, Human Resources, etc.)

Administrative Support
(Administrative Assistant, Admitting Officer, Clerk, Executive Assistant, HR Assistant, Medical Secretary, Secretary, Ward Clerk, etc)

Maintenance, Trades and Materials
(Baker, Carpenter, Equipment Operator, Maintenance Planner, Maintenance Tradesperson, Power Engineer, Trade Painter, Utility Worker, etc.)

jrdrisco

Mar 26, 2011
Fariza,

PEI really is a exceptionally beautiful place to live, at least in the summer and the is a vibrant arts community as well. A lot of employment is seasonal so may appear the unemployment rate is higher than it actually is.

My family has been here for 7 generations and now I'm the only CSIC member in the province. You may note that there is a whole new set of PNP programs for the province.

Its also great place to study english or actually any subject at the University of college here.

Jonathon Driscoll

islandimmigration.ca

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jrdrisco said:
Fariza,

PEI really is a exceptionally beautiful place to live, at least in the summer and the is a vibrant arts community as well. A lot of employment is seasonal so may appear the unemployment rate is higher than it actually is.

My family has been here for 7 generations and now I'm the only CSIC member in the province. You may note that there is a whole new set of PNP programs for the province.

Its also great place to study english or actually any subject at the University of college here.

Jonathon Driscoll
islandimmigration.ca
Thanks Jonathon...Great to get a response through this thread from a CSIC member!!! I know PEI has been very attractive from the net and info... But I have never been there... It would really be good if you can keep posting in this thread on your real life exp and opportunities on PEI... I am particularly fascinated about Atlanta and the best college and uni there... Pl let us know more about the lifestyle and pro settlement tips and info when you find time... Thanx again

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i love to lose myself in the wilderness, rock climb and trekk for days in mountains...will love to settle in Yukon at some point......they have all that i can wish for...plus they pay top buck up there..................

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haral said:
i love to lose myself in the wilderness, rock climb and trekk for days in mountains...will love to settle in Yukon at some point......they have all that i can wish for...plus they pay top buck up there..................
Thats lovely of you.. Hope your wish come true... Did you research enough on Yukon? Lifestyle, accommodation choice, job opportunities.....Pl do share some here... so that we could also have a convincing second thoughts on!!

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the things i know are that its a scarcely populated territory, very cold, vast forested region, pay soemthing i the vacinity of 70 to 90 K per annum compared to the same job paying about 40 to 50 k in places like BC & Ontario....they have lots of jobs available in 3143 since very few people make Yukon a choice to settle....i have corresponded with some special education centres over there and they have replied positievely....its a regulated profession so getting a license is priority....Yukon will accept a license issued in any of the canadian provinces....

fariza said:
Thats lovely of you.. Hope your wish come true... Did you research enough on Yukon? Lifestyle, accommodation choice, job opportunities.....Pl do share some here... so that we could also have a convincing second thoughts on!!

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haral said:
the things i know are that its a scarcely populated territory, very cold, vast forested region, pay soemthing i the vacinity of 70 to 90 K per annum compared to the same job paying about 40 to 50 k in places like BC & Ontario....they have lots of jobs available in 3143 since very few people make Yukon a choice to settle....i have corresponded with some special education centres over there and they have replied positievely....its a regulated profession so getting a license is priority....Yukon will accept a license issued in any of the canadian provinces....
Thanks Haral. Other than 3143... what other non regulated profession might have some scope these days? Could you please shed some lights on? How about the housing choices and lifestyle cost? Sorry hope not bothering you with much to ask for!!!

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the other choices are in trades related to banking, hotel industry, tourism etc.............dont know much about Housing over there...will share more after a bit of research............

fariza said:
Thanks Haral. Other than 3143... what other non regulated profession might have some scope these days? Could you please shed some lights on? How about the housing choices and lifestyle cost? Sorry hope not bothering you with much to ask for!!!

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haral said:
the other choices are in trades related to banking, hotel industry, tourism etc.............dont know much about Housing over there...will share more after a bit of research............
Fair enough. Thanks

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fariza said:
Hi Friends
Most popular destination for settlement has been commonly chosen as Tonorto, BC, Montreal, Alberta....... But Canada as a whole is a land of opportunities. Information here in forum least exchanged on some of the other province/cities in Canada which still have potential and promise but still with less population density to compete for a place to live life...... So it could be considered as alternative choice for settlement for us in future. Here goes some glimpses of one of the little province named Prince Edward Island (PEI).....

Life in Prince Edward Island

When measured against 10 key factors that influence overall quality of life, this is how life in Prince Edward Island stacks up:

* Public Security: PEI has the second lowest crime rate in Canada (2001 Census).

* Housing Standards: PEI has one of the highest home ownership rates as a result of our affordable housing.

* Fitness of Habitation: No risk from natural disasters or by man-made hazardous waste industries.

* Communications: PEI offers one of the most sophisticated telecommunications networks in the world.

* Education:pEI offers all levels of education to meet your family's needs.

* Public Health: Every resident has access to free, high quality health care.

* Peace and Quiet: A peaceful and tranquil environment.

* Traffic: Commuting to work and getting around in your spare time has never been easier.

* Air Quality: PEI offers superb air quality.

* Cost of Food: One of the most affordable places in Canada with the consumer price index lower than average for the rest of Canada.

About Prince Edward Island

Prince Edward Island is located on the east coast of Canada and is connected to the mainland by the Confederation Bridge. The province is also called 'PEI' or simply 'the Island'. The capital city is Charlottetown.

In July 2009, the province's population was estimated to be 140,985. This represents a 1.1 per cent growth since 2008. (Source: Prince Edward Island Department of Finance and Municipal Affairs 2009).

Prince Edward Island is Canada's smallest and greenest province. The Island is a place of natural beauty where the air and water are fresh and clean.

Aerial Tour of PEI
http://www.gov.pe.ca/infopei/index.php3?number=14803&lang=E

Enjoy Viewing

Cheers
Fariza
Good thread my friend .Thanks.....+1

PEI ON Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvTdBI8RzfE&feature=player_embedded#at=12