+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

explanation letter for missing documents

SIT007

Apr 6, 2011
Hello All

I am in the process of submitting my citizenship documents for myself and for my wife. However both my wife and myself have lost our appointment letters of our first job and wondering how we can prove that we have worked during that time. We have few pay slips and thinking to provide that as a supporting documents that we have worked during that time. will it be enough? In the instruction guide it also says that we need explain them why dont have these documents. Will it be a formal letter to the immigration? if it is then who should we address it to.

If someone can give me the answers of these question would be really appreciated.

Thanks

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why payslips - T4 for that year would clearly prove you worked in that period. Revenu Canada can provide T4 and NOA if they are missing. Also simply call CIC

SIT007

Apr 6, 2011
Thank you for the reminders...i found my T4 but looks like my wife's T4 is missing....should we use the payslips for her then or is there any other we can request the T4 for that job. Also need to know who should i attention to in the explanation letter. Is there any specific format for the letter?

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bangloboy said:
Why payslips - T4 for that year would clearly prove you worked in that period. Revenu Canada can provide T4 and NOA if they are missing. Also simply call CIC
he ment to say- during that year , if you had file taxes for you and your wife - simple obtaine copy of NOA from CRA

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
I noticed that they have copy of notice of assessment of all the year we filed tax in "my account" in CRA website.. Only difference is that wording is "assessment of 2010 for eg" and notice of assesment .., but other wise it has everything..

Computer: I am not sure if they would consider that as a valid docuuemnt. in the website they say if you want a copy of noa of any year click this link and take us to this place where they have everything...

SIT007

Apr 6, 2011
Thank you...we have got the T4 finally for both of us and also we will include the NOA of that year to prove that we have worked. Now one last thing is about the explanation letter..is there any standard format for this and whom should we address the letter to.