+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Explained here : Steps to get a PR Travel Document from India Bangalore PRTD

lieudefroid

Nov 29, 2015
The below are the documents required to apply for PR-TD from VFS Canada India Bangalore, for each family member.

Please note that RED colored documents are not listed in VFS website but one has to fill them, so it's better to ask them to send an unfilled one by mail and take the filled one. Else you might have to take an hour to fill them in VFS office since they require many details about family members.

Photocopy of COPR
Photocopy of Passport front and back pages
Original passport
Application for PRTD downloaded from CIC website
Consent Form of VFS
Family Information sheet filled and signed
Entry and Exit sheet filled and signed

2 photographs 35x45mm according to specs in Appendix A in the PRTD application guidelines

It usually takes 10 working days to get PR TD affixed in passport. Cost is $50 for the application and about Rs. 2200 for VFS charges. If you opt for passport home delivery, you'll pay additional Rs. 1000 per passport.

Links

CIC How to apply for TD?
http COLON //www DOT cic DOT gc DOT ca/english/information/travel-document/index DOT asp

VFS checklist
http COLON //www DOT vfsglobal DOT ca/canada/india/prepare_your_application DOT html (Scroll to the bottom)

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
PRTD valid for 6 months with single entry? If we don,t meet RO then it may take more time?

lieudefroid

Nov 29, 2015
We got the passports back yesterday. It has taken exactly 1 week, or 5 working days from VFS submission to receipt of passports. Validity of 6 months, but I'm not sure if its single or multiple entry. I guess it is multiple entry.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
lieudefroid said:
We got the passports back yesterday. It has taken exactly 1 week, or 5 working days from VFS submission to receipt of passports. Validity of 6 months, but I'm not sure if its single or multiple entry. I guess it is multiple entry.
To my knowledge, PRTD is always a single (ONE) entry visa.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes. It may be cancelled upon entry to Canada.

redhilltree

Jul 14, 2016
PRTD is for cases when one cannot wait till PR card is issued right? In such cases, do you have to inform any authority during landing to not issue PR Card and that one would be going out of Canada?

lieudefroid

Nov 29, 2015
f1ahmed said:
To my knowledge, PRTD is always a single (ONE) entry visa.
It need not be always a single entry. Refer the link below, if we have sufficient reasons we can also get a multiple-entry PR TD. Maybe what you intended to say was "PRTD is usually or normally a single entry".

Travel document counterfoils are normally issued for a single entry to Canada. If you meet the residency obligation but are residing outside of Canada on a long-term basis (for example, if you are a permanent resident accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse), you may want to request a long-term multiple entry travel document. To do so, you should include a cover letter explaining your circumstances and requesting a multiple entry travel document. These can be issued for up to five years but cannot extend beyond the expiry date of your passport.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5529ETOC.asp

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for posting this. I am traveling from Toronto to Blore in Aug without my PR card and have to apply for PRTD.
So the form is IMM5524E right? You print the form and fill the info?
What should be the answer for this question, Time spent in Canada? Which is the date when you become PR. Is it the day we do the landing?

Please clarify, Also where I can find the below forms:

Consent Form of VFS
Family Information sheet filled and signed
Entry and Exit sheet filled and signed

I have written to VFS to mail me these forms. Waiting for response.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes you are PR from the day of landing. Keep copy of COPR.