+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

expired pr

Gracelaz

Nov 17, 2014
hi! got our pr status may 2009. landed in canada the same yr but had to return to manila one month after. never went back to canada because of work. what steps do i need to take for the family to regain the pr status? is there somebody else who was in the same predicament but was able to regain pr back?
thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Gracelaz said:
hi! got our pr status may 2009. landed in canada the same yr but had to return to manila one month after. never went back to canada because of work. what steps do i need to take for the family to regain the pr status? is there somebody else who was in the same predicament but was able to regain pr back?
thanks!
You will probably have to apply for a Travel Document (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp) but in reality, your chances of keeping your PR status are not very good. Even if you are able to attempt a land border crossing from the USA into Canada, you stand a very high risk of being reported and eventually losing your PR status.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gracelaz said:
thanks!
Forget your PR status, you have zero chances of regaining it unless you have a very strong valid reason. You should apply for a PR travel document so you can officially lose your PR status upon determination of your ineligibility to get a travel document to go back to Canada.

I wouldnt take the US route, you will be reported when you enter, especially that your cards are expired now. You will go thru the process of losing your PR status here instead.