+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR since 2008

NoraN

May 20, 2014
Hello CV Team,

Looking for a positive reply to my query.... :)

We landed in YYZ in August 2003 and our PR expired in 2008.

We were in Canada for two weeks after landing and returned only in January 2004. My son, a Canadian Citizen, was born in April 2004 in Toronto but due to circumstances, we returned to Dubai in January 2005.

We would like to return to Canada and request any suggestions how I can renew my PR..... either with a Travel Document or if I should reapply as a new applicant.

Look forward to all your suggestion and positive response.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
NoraN said:
Hello CV Team,

Looking for a positive reply to my query.... :)

We landed in YYZ in August 2003 and our PR expired in 2008.

We were in Canada for two weeks after landing and returned only in January 2004. My son, a Canadian Citizen, was born in April 2004 in Toronto but due to circumstances, we returned to Dubai in January 2005.

We would like to return to Canada and request any suggestions how I can renew my PR..... either with a Travel Document or if I should reapply as a new applicant.

Look forward to all your suggestion and positive response.
I'm sorry but offering a "positive" response is going to be difficult.

If you apply for a Travel Document, unless you have serious H&C reasons, you will almost certainly lose your PR status. You can try and get into Canada via the land border with the USA in private transport, but there is still a high probability that you will be reported and have to appeal for your PR status.

If you wish to apply for PR status all over again, send a Travel Document request to your local embassy and start the process of having your old PR status revoked. You will then be able to reapply for PR under whichever immigration program is appropriate for you.