+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR, need guidance for next steps

jawadahmed6065

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Hello,
I have landed in 2010 and styed for one year. PR was renewed in 2015 and I stayed another one year. I had to go back to pakistan to take care of my parents and to US to persue my PhD. My PR was expired. Now I am currently in PK after completing my PhD in US. I want to enter canada again but my PR is expired.
Can someone please recommend and suggest wht should I do? Do I apply PRTD or resubmit my immigration application altogether?
your suggestions are much appreciated

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
I have landed in 2010 and styed for one year. PR was renewed in 2015 and I stayed another one year. I had to go back to pakistan to take care of my parents and to US to persue my PhD. My PR was expired. Now I am currently in PK after completing my PhD in US. I want to enter canada again but my PR is expired.
Can someone please recommend and suggest wht should I do? Do I apply PRTD or resubmit my immigration application altogether?
How were you able to renew your PR card in 2015 without meeting RO?

Reactions: Ponga

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
What do you mean when stating that "My PR was expired"?

Would also like to know how you renewed your PR Card in 2015.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think OP likely means that his PR CARD expired.

May be he can try to enter via land border since he likely can enter from US. If he didn't get reported, then he can try to "stay low" until he meets his RO.
If not, he sounds young, may be he can reapply for PR via other economic stream.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
he wouldn’t have met the RO in 2015 if he only stayed for one year since 2010, which is why it’s amazing he got his PR card renewed.

but agree OP’s likely recourse is to renounce PR and reapply from scratch if they have their PhD.