+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR Card- Need to travel within 5 business days

albcanadian

Jul 14, 2014
Hi
We are flying to europe in one week and i just noticed that wifes PR card is expired, I have tried to call the immigration canada but no luck as phone keeps saying high volume of calls. I have read on the immigration site that even if we apply for the urgent PR card it wont be done as fast as we want to so I am here asking anyone that has information or Idea on what to do in our case
Me and my two boys have the canadian passports but wife she is PR (expired) and she has a brown Ceritificate of Identity wich is still valid till 2016
flight tickets are purchased awhile back as this all suppose to be her 10th year aniverssary surprise to go to visit her family in Kosovo and celebrate and now its turning into nightmare knowing that her PR is expired.

Please give me an advise on what to do in this case
Thankyou so much for all your help

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
albcanadian said:
Thankyou for your reply
She can get the Travel document within this week?
You need to apply Travel Document in the country you are visiting.

When do you plan to return to Canada? Processing time depends on the workload of that visa office.

albcanadian

Jul 14, 2014
jimmy1829 said:
You need to apply Travel Document in the country you are visiting.

When do you plan to return to Canada? Processing time depends on the workload of that visa office.
Thankyou jimmy1829
I am also worried that they are not going to let her get on the plane as our flight is from montreal through turkish airline via instanbul to Pristina.
we are flying on the July 20th and returning on Aug 17 and the visa office for Kosovo is in Vienna, I can imagine how busy they would be but im hoping and praying that we will be able to get a travel document as you stated once we get there first thing we will do is apply for the travel document, if we can get there
Thankyou so much for your help and effort

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
albcanadian said:
Thankyou jimmy1829
I am also worried that they are not going to let her get on the plane as our flight is from montreal through turkish airline via instanbul to Pristina.
we are flying on the July 20th and returning on Aug 17 and the visa office for Kosovo is in Vienna, I can imagine how busy they would be but im hoping and praying that we will be able to get a travel document as you stated once we get there first thing we will do is apply for the travel document, if we can get there
Thankyou so much for your help and effort
Found this from CIC site, looks really promising. Good luck!

Travel document for permanent resident returning to Canada:
By mail: 14 days*
In person in Vienna: Same day, if possible*

albcanadian

Jul 14, 2014
jimmy1829 said:
Found this from CIC site, looks really promising. Good luck!

Travel document for permanent resident returning to Canada:
By mail: 14 days*
In person in Vienna: Same day, if possible*
Thankyou thankyou, God bless you jimmy1829
for your help and support on this very frustrating moments
I'm understanding that she doesnt need the PR Card to get on the plane to Kosovo

jimmy1829

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
albcanadian said:
Thankyou thankyou, God bless you jimmy1829
for your help and support on this very frustrating moments
I'm understanding that she doesnt need the PR Card to get on the plane to Kosovo
PR card is only required when returning Canada by commercial carrier.