+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PR card, health insurance card, and drivers license, but I am in Canada

artsoo

Jan 26, 2019
I became a permanent resident in 2006 and left from Canada for around 3 years due to my family issue. I just came back to Montreal two months ago and started to work without any problem. However, I received a mail to renew the health care card from RAMQ as it is expired in 2013. When I went to the RAMQ, the officer found out I was out of Quebec for more than 3 years. He said I would be contacted by the department soon.

Then, I got several calls from the department during the working hours, and I missed them several times. I left a message to call me back, but now I worry about if it can be issued the permanent resident obligation.

Can RMAQ report me to the immigration department for it? Should I be better to prepare to Appeal for the permanent residential obligation to maintain my PR? Or is it possible to recover my status in Quebec if I stay like this without the health care benefit nor a drivers license for a certain time?

Desperate202

Jan 10, 2019
That’s an interesting question! Did you find out what’s happening? I’m about to hit Canada and praying that I don’t get reported at the boarder but I’m worried that a situation like this might happen then it’s all went for nothing