+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expired PGWP 18 months extension apply online detailed released (Jan 27. 2021 new)

Jun 15, 2021
Hi everyone, I know CIC website stated those who can apply if their permit expires “in 4 months or less from the date they apply. My PGWP is still vaild more than 4 months as on 27 of July does that means im not qualified, please kindly advice thank you.

Navitaly

Jun 15, 2021
Hello all,

Can you please help me with this :
I applied for common-law partner sponsorship on December 17th 2020 and application for an open work permit extension was included with the permanent resident application, I was sure about extension of my work permit, but after 6 months, on June 14th 2021, all the documents have been sent back due to an incomplete Form and they requested to resubmit
my work permit has been expired on may 15th 2021 and according to the IRCC agent my work permit is no valid anymore because I have to resubmit the application!
Today I applied for Open Work Permit under the Public Policy and restore my status

1) How long usually takes to get approval ?
2) How to tell my employer that I must stop working? what if I continue to work until I receive the approval ?

It is shocking, Suddenly they tell you you are no longer allowed to work !!!!!!

Lovedeep_kaur

Oct 2, 2019
Hiii
Can anyone help me about 18 months PGWP extension. There is an option for upfront medical.
I already have my upfront medical. Should I add that one to the application???

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hiii
Can anyone help me about 18 months PGWP extension. There is an option for upfront medical.
I already have my upfront medical. Should I add that one to the application???
You can submit it if it’s still valid but you can change your answers you submitted while creating application to Yes . Modify your answer and that tab will disappear. You don’t need medical exam for work permit application.

meshimeshi

Dec 3, 2020
Hi! My PGWP will expire on Nov 30, 2021. I want to apply to this new policy but the requirement says, those whose PGWP will expire in 4 months or less before July 27, 2021. Has anyone tried applying with a PGWP that will not expire later than Nov 27, 2021? Also, I'm eligible to apply via BOWP as I've already applied for PR last Oct 2020. But I wanna see if I have a chance to apply on this new policy instead.

Fkho

Jul 1, 2021
Hi best decision is to go for PGWP as it has 18 months nowadays PR process takes long time than expected, I submitted my PR application last week but still went for PGWP and got approval 3 days back.
Hi Rojaj16! Do you mind sharing your processing times? Thanks in advance!!

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
I applied on 25th of May through an agent and got approved on 25th June.
Congratulations. Could you please share few things, such as the length of your original work permit and were you affected by COVID in any way? Also, did your file include any dependant?

Last edited:

chetan9red

Apr 3, 2016
Congratulations. Could you please share few things, such as the length of your original work permit and were you affected by COVID in any way? Also, did your file include any dependant?
My original post graduation work permit was for 3 years .
I was not affected by Covid.
No dependants. I am a single applicant