+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expiration date for visa? Which date is the correct?

josinyc

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
I am confused about the expiration date of the visa we receive in the passport. Is the expiration date for the visa we receive one year from the medical done or passport expiration date, which one is shorter? Is that for sure? Anyone with with experience on that?

Thank you.

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Does visa stamp not specify the expiry date? have you received visa ? Interesting topic as I have so far read about validity from date of medicals and not about passport validity. Generally many embassies have a requirement that the passports should be valid atleast for six months to stamp visa. It may also be the case for canadian visa. In that case passport expiry should not be an issue.

smiss9

Sep 18, 2008
Hi,

The embassy people mention the visa issue date and exoiry date on visa clearly.Please check the visa and if your passports are expiring before that you have to renew passport or travel before that.

Smiss9
josinyc said:
I am confused about the expiration date of the visa we receive in the passport. Is the expiration date for the visa we receive one year from the medical done or passport expiration date, which one is shorter? Is that for sure? Anyone with with experience on that?

Thank you.

josinyc

Star Member
Oct 7, 2008
Thre is a confusion here. I was told that the visa expires when the medical expires. That's why I am trying to understand that.

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

josinyc said:
Thre is a confusion here. I was told that the visa expires when the medical expires. That's why I am trying to understand that.

Thanks.
What confusion, the visa is valid for 1 year after the date of the medical or the expiry of the passport, whichever comes first.

PMM