Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2012
I will be applying for a study permit on the 1st week of May 2012. Please assess my profile and have ur say on my chances of getting a visa.

* Going to University of Toronto Electrical Engineering fall 2012.
* O' level grades 7/7 A grades, A' level grades 1 A* (Maths) and 2 Bs(Physics and Chemistry).
* English Exams taken: O'level English language- A grade
IELTS- Overall score 7.5

* Sponsors for my stay in Canada:
1. Father: Govt Service Doctor
2. Mother: Teacher and Business
3. Mother's Uncle in Canada (Citizen Canada)

* Total Income of all sponsors: CAD 170 000
* Funds available total of all sponsors in bank account: CAD 100 000
* Parents owning property valued at CAD 200 000 in home country.

Special point incase it makes a difference:
** Father had applied for skilled worker PR for full family in July 2007.

Experts please share ur opinion.
Thanks

warningspirit

Apr 28, 2012
Australians are generally friendly, but until about Sept 2013 when this present dysfunctional minority Aust. Federal Labour government is annihilated in the next election DO NOT come to Australia expecting a fair deal in immigration. The IELTS test alone demands FOUR 8's in reading, writing, speaking and listening, even though admittance to nurse registration only requires four sevens. You now get fewer points towards permanent residency if you are under 25. (This was because they wanted to block the majority of young Asian students who were already in Australia and wanted residency.)

However, student visas are easier to get because you are viewed as a cash cow. You are charged up to 500% more for course fees than what an Australian pays, (you pay $60,000 Aust for a 3 year Bach. Nursing Degree course) and the quality varies from good (if you know the colleges) to mediocre (if you don't).

But for permanent residency, there will be in June an "Expression of Interest" system where you have to apply to be invited as a resident. Till June 2012, the pass mark for Permanent Residency is 65 and no restriction yet on how many qualify even though difficult. After June 2012, there will be quotas set in each profession and nobody knows where the union lobby will tell the immigration minister to set the pass mark, could be 70 or more, or less. DONT ever think you can come to Australia and study a trade then get residency on your own merits like it used to be. Unless you are from an English speaking country or you can find a large company to sponsor you and put up with truckloads of red tape, dont waste your time and money.

However, if you risk your life and arrive on a boat, whilst throwing away your passport to claim asylum, you will get favoured treatment and given up to a $10,000 subsidy. These boat people jump the queue and are displacing some 4500 genuine refugees from Australia’s allotment of some 13,500 annually. It’s not because Labour loves Asians or refugees. It’s because a small fascist Green voting block holds the balance of power and can tell Labour Government what to legislate. The Greens also forced a crippling 23% carbon tax on the economy, which tax Australians hate, to be unleashed in June. Cost of living is expected to skyrocket in fuel, gas, transport, electricity, rent, etc. Yes insanity rules.

The extended visa working periods in effect after June 2012 (2 years plus) apply to Degrees and Doctorates “to get experience” only and the policy is that any student should not expect an automatic right to immigration. (It will depend on the quota set at the time.)

The Health Service Union one of the biggest in Australia (70,000 members) has two high officials under investigation for fraud. One paid himself $320,000 plus per annum (plus other director fees, plus alleged fraudulent expenses) whilst their members average $70,000 wages. The government is protecting them at all costs because their one electoral vote is crucial for Labour to retain power at least until about Sept 2013.

Australia at present is undergoing a crisis of incompetence foisted by rabid unions only interested in personal power, and protecting their high awards, (no migrant competition thanks) regardless of the great harm they are doing to Australian companies and working people alike. Don’t be fooled by rosy statements of the current Australian Labour Government, they only apply to a select few.

tiger007

Champion Member
Akib said:
I will be applying for a study permit on the 1st week of May 2012. Please assess my profile and have ur say on my chances of getting a visa.

* O' level grades 7/7 A grades, A' level grades 1 A* (Maths) and 2 Bs(Physics and Chemistry).
IELTS- Overall score 7.5

Thanks
Hi,

Your profile looks very good. If you have received offer of admission form the Univ. of Toronto..then, in my opinion.. your should get your study permit without any worries.

Best of Luck.

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akib said:

IELTS- Overall score 7.5

Thanks
hi,
All points are fulfilled you got visa definately.

stmani

Sep 18, 2011
dont forget to have patience in hand. it may take a while to get admission and then long wait for visa....

Akib

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS, Sylhet.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
28-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted "7.5"
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Your profile looks very good. If you have received offer of admission form the Univ. of Toronto..then, in my opinion.. your should get your study permit without any worries.

Best of Luck.
Thanks a lot for ur input. Yes I have already received an offer and the letter is with me. I m just a little worried about the PR application. I wonder if this may effect my case. What do u think?

Akib

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS, Sylhet.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
28-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted "7.5"
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2012
Abu Bakr said:
hi,
All points are fulfilled you got visa definately.
Thanks. Ur comment certainly encourages me. But i am worried about the PR application. Can it effect my visa case? Please let me know what u think.

haider110

Oct 6, 2011
I heard in some cases they declined the application if you mention your relatives in Canada... Study permit means you will have to go back to your home country after your study.. and when they found that you have ties in Canada than .......................!!!!!

Akib

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS, Sylhet.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
28-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted "7.5"
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2012
stmani said:
dont forget to have patience in hand. it may take a while to get admission and then long wait for visa....
Haha. Thanks for the advice. Yes patience has built in me over the last year or so. Got an offer from UofT after 5 months of application, I sure have learnt how to wait.

Akib

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS, Sylhet.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
28-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted "7.5"
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2012
haider110 said:
I heard in some cases they declined the application if you mention your relatives in Canada... Study permit means you will have to go back to your home country after your study.. and when they found that you have ties in Canada than .......................!!!!!
I guess my ties in my home country are far superior than my ties in Canada where my relative (mother's uncle) lives. I don't think it should be too much a problem.

gaganpal_2007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
I thonk haider is right...you should not show ur connections in canada to be ona safer side...the visa officer might think that you will not return to your home countryafter your studies...

Akib

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Sylhet
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS, Sylhet.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2012
AOR Received.
28-05-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted "7.5"
Med's Request
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-07-2012
Passport Req..
02-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2012
gaganpal_2007 said:
I thonk haider is right...you should not show ur connections in canada to be ona safer side...the visa officer might think that you will not return to your home countryafter your studies...
Hmm but a major part of my sponsorship is from him. How do I not mention him? :-/

Abu Bakr

Dec 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Akib said:
Hmm but a major part of my sponsorship is from him. How do I not mention him? :-/
hi,
don't worry you can mention about those and its not a bad thing for visa if you have good financial in your hometown.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
warningspirit said:
Australians are generally friendly, but until about Sept 2013 when this present dysfunctional minority Aust. Federal Labour government is annihilated in the next election DO NOT come to Australia expecting a fair deal in immigration. The IELTS test alone demands FOUR 8's in reading, writing, speaking and listening, even though admittance to nurse registration only requires four sevens. You now get fewer points towards permanent residency if you are under 25. (This was because they wanted to block the majority of young Asian students who were already in Australia and wanted residency.)

However, student visas are easier to get because you are viewed as a cash cow. You are charged up to 500% more for course fees than what an Australian pays, (you pay $60,000 Aust for a 3 year Bach. Nursing Degree course) and the quality varies from good (if you know the colleges) to mediocre (if you don't).

But for permanent residency, there will be in June an "Expression of Interest" system where you have to apply to be invited as a resident. Till June 2012, the pass mark for Permanent Residency is 65 and no restriction yet on how many qualify even though difficult. After June 2012, there will be quotas set in each profession and nobody knows where the union lobby will tell the immigration minister to set the pass mark, could be 70 or more, or less. DONT ever think you can come to Australia and study a trade then get residency on your own merits like it used to be. Unless you are from an English speaking country or you can find a large company to sponsor you and put up with truckloads of red tape, dont waste your time and money.

However, if you risk your life and arrive on a boat, whilst throwing away your passport to claim asylum, you will get favoured treatment and given up to a $10,000 subsidy. These boat people jump the queue and are displacing some 4500 genuine refugees from Australia's allotment of some 13,500 annually. It's not because Labour loves Asians or refugees. It's because a small fascist Green voting block holds the balance of power and can tell Labour Government what to legislate. The Greens also forced a crippling 23% carbon tax on the economy, which tax Australians hate, to be unleashed in June. Cost of living is expected to skyrocket in fuel, gas, transport, electricity, rent, etc. Yes insanity rules.

The extended visa working periods in effect after June 2012 (2 years plus) apply to Degrees and Doctorates “to get experience” only and the policy is that any student should not expect an automatic right to immigration. (It will depend on the quota set at the time.)

The Health Service Union one of the biggest in Australia (70,000 members) has two high officials under investigation for fraud. One paid himself $320,000 plus per annum (plus other director fees, plus alleged fraudulent expenses) whilst their members average $70,000 wages. The government is protecting them at all costs because their one electoral vote is crucial for Labour to retain power at least until about Sept 2013.

Australia at present is undergoing a crisis of incompetence foisted by rabid unions only interested in personal power, and protecting their high awards, (no migrant competition thanks) regardless of the great harm they are doing to Australian companies and working people alike. Don't be fooled by rosy statements of the current Australian Labour Government, they only apply to a select few.

Australia know they are best so they need cream .
They need gem prople and no dougbht its best option if one deserve it .

Just read about UK , they have nearly close PR door for non european .
Only people with 1,50,000 £ per annum job offer do qualify for Tier 1 visa (formaly HSMP) .

Second , how many Indian want that we open our door and bring all Poor African and give them Indian citizen ship and job .

Its there natiOn , they make it such nice and peaceful that we happily want to leave our courropt motherland with all our friend and family and desperate to get western country residency.

Be positive , if UK , US , Australia dont want us then run to Canada and New zeland .

But we should not critise Australia /UK as immigration and residencey is a gift for us not our right .