+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experts Please advise Urgent: Does 1 year college certificate level program qualify for 1 year work permit

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I am about to complete 1 year program from Conestoga College. The level of my studies is Ontario College Certificate. Will I be eligible for 1 year work permit after completing this program??
OR Does the program have to be such as College Degree/Diploma level or Graduate Certificate Level in order to qualify for work permit. Kindly reply. Any kind of response is appreciated. Thanks a lot.

alfredbink

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
The one year courses are a scam. We all know that people come as students to get PR.

If you do 1 year course, you will be eligible for 1 year work permit.

For CEC PR program, you need 1-year work experience. This means that after you finish your course, you have to have a job on Day 1 and you have to have no breaks in the job. You have to have 100% success rate for getting and keeping the job.

If you do a 2-year program, you get 3-year work permit.
But eligibility for CEC PR still remains 1-year. So you have to have 30% success rate in getting and keeping job.

Reactions: gagan.196

gagan.196

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The one year courses are a scam. We all know that people come as students to get PR.

If you do 1 year course, you will be eligible for 1 year work permit.

For CEC PR program, you need 1-year work experience. This means that after you finish your course, you have to have a job on Day 1 and you have to have no breaks in the job. You have to have 100% success rate for getting and keeping the job.

If you do a 2-year program, you get 3-year work permit.
But eligibility for CEC PR still remains 1-year. So you have to have 30% success rate in getting and keeping job.
Thanks a lot for your response. However, my query is does 1 year college certificate program qualifies for work permit. Remember it's not Graduate certificate program it is just certificate level.
I am sharing the link of program https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/business-fundamentals
Will I get 1 year work permit after completing this program?? Thanks

Harshu2405

Jun 29, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am about to complete 1 year program from Conestoga College. The level of my studies is Ontario College Certificate. Will I be eligible for 1 year work permit after completing this program??
OR Does the program have to be such as College Degree/Diploma level or Graduate Certificate Level in order to qualify for work permit. Kindly reply. Any kind of response is appreciated. Thanks a lot.
I am also searching ans for the same question. For those who commented without reading, Ontario college certificate and Ontario college graduate certificate are different. Pgwp means post-graduate work permit. So unless it is a graduate certificate, it was not supposed to give wp. But according to my research, I believe a course which is 8months and above form a DLI approved college will provide PGWP for 1 year. Conestoga facilities are also not sure about it but they gave me 90% assurance for welding techniques course 1193. Am in for sept 22

Harold Evans

Mar 27, 2022
The one-year courses are a scam. We all know that people come as students to get PR.

If you do a 1-year course, you will be eligible for a 1-year work permit.

For the CEC PR program, you need 1-year of work experience. After you finish your course, you have to have a job on Day 1, and you have to have no breaks on the job. You have to have a 100% success rate for getting and keeping the position.

If you do a 2-year program, you get a 3-year work permit.
I found one of the best websites for college assignment help, but I will need more advice than https://studyhippo.com/ because those success rates are not high enough to be sure that I will pass and get that job. I am even not talking about keeping a job. I am very concerned that nowadays educational organizations sell that kind of courses and training. That is useless, and cant is compared to a real-world experience or university education. Our educational system is terrible.
But for CEC PR, it has to be 1-year. So you have to have a 30% success rate in getting and keeping a job.
Yeah, your points make sense. Thank you for your response!

Last edited:

Mina_katun

May 25, 2022
Hi everyone,

Bro. I am on the same boat. What you did? Any suggestions?