Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Immigration documents
• Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
Comments: I have this
2. Language Proof if you are 18-54 years of age
o Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC): Check the box if you successfully completed the course at CLB4 or higher from January 2008 to October 31, 2012 and provide a copy of the certificate if available. If you successfully completed the LINC/CLIC course since November 1st, 2012, a certificate will be provided to you. A copy of this certificate is required. Note that completion of LINC/CLIC before 2008 does not qualify for proof of language ability.
Comments: I went to LINC classes from April 2010 till Dec 2011 and I completed CLB4 level course. I was not provided with a certificate.
3. Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Document(s)
The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date.
Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,
Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).
Comments: No question
4. School Records
Provide photocopies of all your official school records if applicable for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application, provide.
In addition, provide photocopies of official school records for any children in Canada or abroad who are or were under the age of 18 in the past four (4) years even if you are not applying for Canadian citizenship on their behalf.
Comments: I want to know whether this refer to periodic (1st term,2nd term and Final) results that the TDSB authority provide to the parents or it is something more than that? Is it OK if I photocopy all the periodical results from grade7 to 10, that my child has been provided with? Or in addition to that I need something more?
5. Two (2) pieces of personal identification
Both pieces of identification should show your name and date of birth, one of which must have your photo on it.
Examples include:
• a Canadian driver's licence
• a Canadian health insurance card
• a copy of your passport page containing your photo and personal details, etc.
If there is information on both sides of your personal identification documents, provide a photocopy of both sides.
Comments: I do not have a driving license. So I will provide Canadian Health Insurance Card and Copy of my Indian passport since I am currently an Indian passport holder. Will that be OK? I will have to give biographical pages of my current passport as per serial no 3. So I am repeating the same. Is that ok?
6. Payment receipt
Receipt showing total payment of application fees for individual or family members applying together
• by Internet (receipt printed from Internet),
or
• at a financial institution (Original form IMM 5401)
Comments: No comments
7. Additional documents (as required)
Possible documents are:
• translations of documents that are not in English or French
• supporting documents to prove a name change
• supporting documents to prove a date of birth correction
Comments: I think any of the above do not apply to me.
8. Print out of the On-line Residence Calculator; or
How to calculate Residence (CIT 0407) form
Calculation of your residence fully completed, dated and signed.
Comments: No comments.
9. Photographs
You must:
• provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, only one (1) photo is required);
• print the Citizenship Photo Specifications page and take it to the photographer to make sure you get the correct size photo;
• follow the steps explained on the form; and
• do not staple, glue or otherwise attach the photo directly to the application.
Comments: CIC instructs not to staple, glue or otherwise attach the photo directly to the application. So can I use paper clip to attach the photos or what method to be followed to send the photos?

LEON/PMM PLEASE HELP REPLYING THE ABOVE. PLEASE ALSO HIGHLIGHT WHETHER IT WOULD BE OK IF I GIVE ADDITIONAL PAPER / DOCUMENT (LIKE MY HEALTH INSURANCE CLAIM REPORT FROM OHIP OR BANK/CREDIT CARD STATES ETC) IN SUPPORT OF MY PHYSICAL PRESENCE IN CANADA WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN ASKED BY CIC.

kaps

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
for Comments: I went to LINC classes from April 2010 till Dec 2011 and I completed CLB4 level course. I was not provided with a certificate.

Suggestion- You can go to the center where you attended the LINC classes and ask them to issue you a backdated LINC certificate. It is better to send the LINC certificate as a language proof to increase the application processing time.

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
kaps said:
for Comments: I went to LINC classes from April 2010 till Dec 2011 and I completed CLB4 level course. I was not provided with a certificate.

Suggestion- You can go to the center where you attended the LINC classes and ask them to issue you a backdated LINC certificate. It is better to send the LINC certificate as a language proof to increase the application processing time.
why send the LINC certificate as a language proof increases the application processing time???????

kaps

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
When an application arrives at CIC Sydney. The same day the CIC Agents go through it to check for the required documents, fees etc. If they will find the LINC Certificate with the application then it will save them time and your application will be placed in the queue faster then the applications who selected the option for CIC to verify the LINC records. Remember it is a Govt. office and files goes to different departments for different confirmations.

Including the LINC certificate with the application is a better move in my understanding.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaps said:
When an application arrives at CIC Sydney. The same day the CIC Agents go through it to check for the required documents, fees etc. If they will find the LINC Certificate with the application then it will save them time and your application will be placed in the queue faster then the applications who selected the option for CIC to verify the LINC records. Remember it is a Govt. office and files goes to different departments for different confirmations.

Including the LINC certificate with the application is a better move in my understanding.
Thanks.....I think same goes for CBAC records.