+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expert Information Request

shmehdi

Apr 15, 2012
Hi ! Greeting to all members. I am new on this forum and expect that i will find some expert advice from other members based on their info and experience.
I am a professional engineer holding a govt position and consequently holder of govt service passport. My wife is a Dental Surgeon with her own practice. we intend to file for immigration in near future, my wife being the principal applicant. Her brother is already a Canadian citizen in Alberta
my initial query is that; Should I accompany my spouse now or should i wait for her case to materialize and then file after leaving my current organization

expert opinions are solicited

Cheers

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Hi
The whole family has to be included in the application if you want to move, now or in the future. Even if someone is non accompanying they wil have to go through medical examinations etc and their details have to be provided.

If she is gonna claim points for your eduction, then you guys have to go all the way..... No other choice.

Once you get PR, land in Canada ... Activate it and all Will be independent.

Regards

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
devilhimself has clarified it to the point......plz do as advised by devilhimself

theshivster

Oct 7, 2010
Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
IELTS Request
sent with app 8.5 band score
File Transfer...
RBVO 21 June 2011 IN PROCESS 20 Jan 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
02.10.2012 (there is only one DMP here and we were waiting on new passports) Meds line added 19.11.12
Passport Req..
07.02.2013 sent 11.2.13 arrived 12.2.13
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Dated 28.02.2013 Canadian Address on Ecas 02.03.2013 Decision Made Sunday 03.03.2013
LANDED..........
Prinicipal Applicant Landed 14 May. The rest of us landed on 2.9.2013
Will they get points for relative in Canada?

shmehdi

Apr 15, 2012
Guys! thank you for valuable comments.

coming back to the point, well where i am confused is that the Document Checklist i.e. IMM5612(03-2012)E states at Point No 8 that
"You must hold a valid regular passport. Diplomatic, official, service or public affairs passports are not valid for immigration to Canada."
and since i being the holder of service/official passport cannot be the principal applicant.
but then can I submit my documents as a dependent along with a note that about my current employment status and an undertaking that if the case is matured i will submit a tender of resignation from my current organization and obtain a regular passport?

expert comments are welcome.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
shmehdi, I think that is a wise move. It would not be good to resign and then apply.... As you dont know what would be the outcome of your application.

Anyways, I will recommend that you contact the owners of this website, they are pretty seasoned Lawyers. Yours a bit different case, better to get Professional advice. Try contacting them and see what they say.

Best of Luck.

baby123

Aug 3, 2009
hello and aoa
time line
applied 15 April 2010
full documents October 2010
inprocess 15 March 2011 NOC 4131 LVO
DECISION MADE 1 April 2012

today i received a letter stating refusal to my application,all the reasons
1. Duties donot match my NOC
2.I could not produce the proof for arranaged employment.
3.DONOT have one year work experience

First of all all my duties were according to NOC.Secondly i never mentioned of arranged employment in my application.In last i have relevant experience of more than 5 years in my field.Furthermore i didnot receive back my experience certificates and transcripts of my degrees.Need expert opinion of what to do now.looking forward for sincere advice.thanks

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
baby123, Better get in touch with the Visa Office. Send them email and ask for explanation and provide some explanation to them as well. I dont think anyone can give you a clear answer except the Visa Office/Officer.

Regards

shmehdi

Apr 15, 2012
baby123 can you please create your own thread other wise this thread will be offcourse. thankyou for showing your understanding

guys cmon! please any more comments! specially from the moderators?

cheers!

starme

Star Member
Mar 8, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shmehdi said:
Hi ! Greeting to all members. I am new on this forum and expect that i will find some expert advice from other members based on their info and experience.
I am a professional engineer holding a govt position and consequently holder of govt service passport. My wife is a Dental Surgeon with her own practice. we intend to file for immigration in near future, my wife being the principal applicant. Her brother is already a Canadian citizen in Alberta
my initial query is that; Should I accompany my spouse now or should i wait for her case to materialize and then file after leaving my current organization

expert opinions are solicited

Cheers
u will have to be very cautious while showing them that ur wife is practicing on her own.

do bear this thing in mind. tc.

shmehdi

Apr 15, 2012
starme!!will u please explain me that why i should be so causion that my wife is dentist and have own practice?i dont understand ur statement....