+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Expert Advice Required

wow777

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
That's not true, in fact I have seen multiple times that they started working on stucked cases after GCMS notes are ordered. They will definitely know that you have ordered GCMS notes, but thats no issue.

My case is similar to yours. I'm also March AOR and stucked at IP2. I know many people from April who have received PPR two weeks ago. I'm the primary applicant, but my husband worked for government, so I suspect that they might have put yours and mine application for "security screening". I've ordered GCMS notes, but it'll take at least 3 more weeks until I receive them. Do keep in touch if you receive any update, I'll do the same.
Hi!!!

Any updates since then?

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Wait for the GCMS to arrive, it'll shed some info as to what is happening with your file.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Need one more advise.

I recently got married and have marriage certificate. But spouse name is not added on my passport. Do I need to get it done prior to PCC or immigration?
Not really. In a lot of countries "marriage" isn't mentioned on the passport. For the PCC it's for each individual's name (my PCC was in my maiden name) and for marriage proof they only need the marriage certificate (unless it's a local requirement in your country)

fatimafarooqi

Aug 11, 2017
Did u get your GSMS? Or PPR?
No, unfortunately it was a disaster. My friend who ordered gcms notes on my behalf has lost access to her email address due to a hacker. Now access to her email address is blocked. I will have to order gcms notes once again. This time I am going to use an online website for it instead of asking friend. Moreover, no further update on my side, but noe I am 100% sure about the security screening thing and it is going to take some time.

rahugang

Jun 15, 2017
Hi,

I have a question on the Marriage Certificate for the PR application for me and my wife in CEC category in which my wife will be secondary applicant.

In Marriage Certificate, my wife's surname is spelled "DILLO" where as in all other documents here surname is spelled "DHILLON". Her surname can be spelled like "DHILLON", "DHILLO", "DILLON" & "DILLO" and all are correct in India.

Actually the MC application was filled in Hindi and the MC was prepared in English so administration used the spelling whatever they felt correct at that time.

Apart from MC, her passport also has spouse name which is mentioned my name correctly but my passport doesn't have spouse name because it was applied before my marriage.

My question is that will this create any issue? If yes, then what steps we can take before filing application to avoid the issue?

Thanks,
RG

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,

I have a question on the Marriage Certificate for the PR application for me and my wife in CEC category in which my wife will be secondary applicant.

In Marriage Certificate, my wife's surname is spelled "DILLO" where as in all other documents here surname is spelled "DHILLON". Her surname can be spelled like "DHILLON", "DHILLO", "DILLON" & "DILLO" and all are correct in India.

Actually the MC application was filled in Hindi and the MC was prepared in English so administration used the spelling whatever they felt correct at that time.

Apart from MC, her passport also has spouse name which is mentioned my name correctly but my passport doesn't have spouse name because it was applied before my marriage.

My question is that will this create any issue? If yes, then what steps we can take before filing application to avoid the issue?

Thanks,
RG
I had the exact same issue. My passport has one spelling (same on education) my previous passport had a different spelling (same on marriage certificate) what i did was show my previous passports, uploaded marriage certificate normally. In general LOE i explained that transliteration affected the spelling of my last name as it can happen when transcribing pronounced arabic name to english. I added proof for that (passport scans) and explained that the current spelling is the one i use personally.

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
Hi friends !

Someone is unlucky like me here ? Please give proper advice.
AOR: 12 may
Get married and add spouse name: 2 June
Requested to pay $550 as spouse fee : July 28
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The addition document you provided was being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: your application in in progress. We will send you message when we will start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I've already applied for extensions of work permit bczMy work permit will expire next Month.

My lawyer said we are still good for your application. I don't know what's going on in his mind. I'm totally frustrated.

Please give your valuable suggestions

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi friends !

Someone is unlucky like me here ? Please give proper advice.
AOR: 12 may
Get married and add spouse name: 2 June
Requested to pay $550 as spouse fee : July 28
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The addition document you provided was being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: your application in in progress. We will send you message when we will start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I've already applied for extensions of work permit bczMy work permit will expire next Month.

My lawyer said we are still good for your application. I don't know what's going on in his mind. I'm totally frustrated.

Please give your valuable suggestions
I believe that's IP1 as it's the status I had about a month and a half ago.

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
I believe that's IP1 as it's the status I had about a month and a half ago.
Do you think it will change in near future time ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Do you think it will change in near future time ?
No clue honestly. We got stuck in that phase for about a month. While others for much less or longer. It's hard to tell :(

Champ.90

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2017
AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
25-09-2017
No clue honestly. We got stuck in that phase for about a month. While others for much less or longer. It's hard to tell :(
I don't understand why they took so long. Though I'm lmia applicant means they already checks all this stuffs before. I don't have any travel history and I already provided Canadian PCC also. God knows what's going on. Bdw thanks for your reply

wow777

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Oh God!!! that is horrible....no updates at my end too...ordered GCMS. 3 more weeks to go to get response.
No, unfortunately it was a disaster. My friend who ordered gcms notes on my behalf has lost access to her email address due to a hacker. Now access to her email address is blocked. I will have to order gcms notes once again. This time I am going to use an online website for it instead of asking friend. Moreover, no further update on my side, but noe I am 100% sure about the security screening thing and it is going to take some time.