+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience letter through peer

jpancholi0109

Jan 4, 2020
Hello,

I work in the US for a multinational firm for past 4.5 years. I am applying for Express Entry. At this point of time, I would not like my employer to know that I am applying for immigration to Canada, hence, would not want HR or supervisor to get involved in experience letter.

I have been told by one of my friend that a colleague who is at equal level as me can also write experience letter, except that needs to be notorized. I looked on the link below and it is not mentioned anywhere, so would like to know how legit is the information.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

I am sure I am not the only one and wouldn't want their employer to know. So, if someone who has been in same boat as mine or has experience in this matter can answer, could be of great help.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Regards,
J P

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hello,

I work in the US for a multinational firm for past 4.5 years. I am applying for Express Entry. At this point of time, I would not like my employer to know that I am applying for immigration to Canada, hence, would not want HR or supervisor to get involved in experience letter.

I have been told by one of my friend that a colleague who is at equal level as me can also write experience letter, except that needs to be notorized. I looked on the link below and it is not mentioned anywhere, so would like to know how legit is the information.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

I am sure I am not the only one and wouldn't want their employer to know. So, if someone who has been in same boat as mine or has experience in this matter can answer, could be of great help.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Regards,
J P
Are you going to supply your friend contact phone or company own?
Well, this is up to you to take the risk. Application are handle on individual cases. As requested a reference or experience letter from the employer
should be an official document printed on company letterhead and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company is required. It is expected to include contact details of the company and should indicate all positions held while employed at the company. You are working in the State and therefore it is easy for immigration to contact your employer.
Remember that, the validity or fraudulence of the information can be assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing. At that stage there maybe no way of going back

jpancholi0109

Jan 4, 2020
Are you going to supply your friend contact phone or company own?
Well, this is up to you to take the risk. Application are handle on individual cases. As requested a reference or experience letter from the employer
should be an official document printed on company letterhead and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company is required. It is expected to include contact details of the company and should indicate all positions held while employed at the company. You are working in the State and therefore it is easy for immigration to contact your employer.
Remember that, the validity or fraudulence of the information can be assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing. At that stage there maybe no way of going back
Hello Babek,

Thanks a lot for your response. He is going to write it on company's letterhead and put his contact details.

Also, he was at same level as me until December, he passed his certification and is now a level above me starting January 1, except he was never my supervisor. Will this give some plus points?

I work directly for my employer and not on contractual basis. So I dont have anything to hide or fraudulent activity in my sleeve, except I am hiding from my company.

regards,
J P

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hello Babek,

Thanks a lot for your response. He is going to write it on company's letterhead and put his contact details.

Also, he was at same level as me until December, he passed his certification and is now a level above me starting January 1, except he was never my supervisor. Will this give some plus points?

I work directly for my employer and not on contractual basis. So I dont have anything to hide or fraudulent activity in my sleeve, except I am hiding from my company.

regards,
J P
Is there no other supervisor or personnel staff that you can confide in. This will be better and safer. My opinion, though.