+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience letter from empoyer

vyas1782

Jan 28, 2015
Hello,

I have a question regarding work experience for the purpose of express entry. My previous employer has given me a standard reference letter which does not state my duties and pay rate. I have read couple of forums here which provided the solution as submitting all the dupporting documents that you can to prove your wirk experience. That is not a ptoblem. But what I ned to understand is while creating the profile, should I mention that I have that foreign work experience?

What if I state that I have the experience and then they do not approve the documents I probide to prove my work experience?

Please advise!!
Thank you.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should mention that work experience only if you're looking to claim points for it or if it helps your eligibility under FSW program.

If they do not approve your documents then your score/eligibility will be recalculated without such work experience, if you fall below the cutoff score for which you were invited or if you become ineligible then your application will get rejected.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should mention that work experience only if you're looking to claim points for it or if it helps your eligibility under FSW program.

If they do not approve your documents then your score/eligibility will be recalculated without such work experience, if you fall below the cutoff score for which you were invited or if you become ineligible then your application will get rejected.
This post really should be a sticky.

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Dear guys,
In the CIC requirements, they say I must include Job Status in my current job. But I'm not so sure what it is. Does it mean that I have to mention I'm a full-time, permanent or fixed contract employee? In case of fixed contract (I currently am), do I have to mention the period, like "under a fixed contract of one year from xxx to xxx? Please help to advise.
Thank you!:)

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Job stat
Dear guys,
In the CIC requirements, they say I must include Job Status in my current job. But I'm not so sure what it is. Does it mean that I have to mention I'm a full-time, permanent or fixed contract employee? In case of fixed contract (I currently am), do I have to mention the period, like "under a fixed contract of one year from xxx to xxx? Please help to advise.
Job status is exactly that - full time/part time and whether permanent worker on payroll or contractor. If you are a contract employee, I would suggest you should get he reference letter from your contract company who pays you - the client letter will only be a supporting document since your actual employer is the contracting firm and they issue your pay stubs. If the client is directly paying you as a contractor then fine.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Job stat
Dear guys,
Job status is exactly that - full time/part time and whether permanent worker on payroll or contractor. If you are a contract employee, I would suggest you should get he reference letter from your contract company who pays you - the client letter will only be a supporting document since your actual employer is the contracting firm and they issue your pay stubs. If the client is directly paying you as a contractor then fine.

pino1130

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Job stat

My company pays directly to me. It's usually after the 1st year of contract then they'll sign 3-year and then permanent. It's kind of a norm here. So in the reference letter, it should say like this: "XXX is currently a full-time employee in our company under a fixed-term contract from August 15, 2016 to December 31, 2017.", right?
And whether the status of not being a permanent worker will affect my application or not?
Thank you so much!

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
That will not affect your application. The letter should be fine - you can attach a copy of your contract and proof of payment as applicable. Good luck