+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

experience letter date

expat2be

Feb 23, 2017
I have an experience letter from my current company with all the requirements of CIC but its dated November 2016 because i used it to apply for Australian PR. can i still use it in my application or would that be too old and will make the assessor suspicious and call them up?

i dont want to get a new letter as it took a huge effort of convincing the HR to issue a letter like that the last time.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
November 2016 is not that old. You can use it provided it does not mention it is for Australian PR, of course.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
expat2be said:
I have an experience letter from my current company with all the requirements of CIC but its dated November 2016 because i used it to apply for Australian PR. can i still use it in my application or would that be too old and will make the assessor suspicious and call them up?
You can use it, but the date at the top of the letter (November XX, 2016) will be used as the end date of your experience. If you need to count any experience since then, you need a new letter.

expat2be

Feb 23, 2017
jes_ON said:
You can use it, but the date at the top of the letter (November XX, 2016) will be used as the end date of your experience. If you need to count any experience since then, you need a new letter.
ok i have other questions.

- should i send bank statement showing salary transfer from my current employer?
- i have a social insurance paper from a previous company but my title on the paper is Electronics engineer while im applying as Electrical engineer, the experience letter says electrical engineer from that company. i also noticed that electronics/electrical engineers are the same NOC. so should i translate this paper and attach it as a supporting document? or would that be confusing?