+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience in an occupation different from the graduation NOC.

mdotk

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I know that this seems a basic question, but I want to have a solid answer from the helpful people of this forum.

if the applicant is graduated with a Bsc. degree in Pharmacy (outside Canada) then moved to Canada and worked in Canada in a different occupation/NOC (e.g. teacher). so in this case the NOC of his experience is different from the NOC of the graduation certificate.

The question is :

1) Can he claim the points for one year Canadian experience if it is in an occupation different from his graduation area?

2) Application asked for primary NOC and another NOC for each job, so what would be the main NOC in case he have experience in pharmacy (back home) and teacher ( in Canada) ?

3) Other general question, if somebody has 2 years experience in NOC "X" and another 3 years in NOC "Y" , will he have the point for 5 years experience ?? and how will he choose the primary NOC ?

Thanks in advance ..

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
mdotk said:
Hi Guys,

I know that this seems a basic question, but I want to have a solid answer from the helpful people of this forum.

if the applicant is graduated with a Bsc. degree in Pharmacy (outside Canada) then moved to Canada and worked in Canada in a different occupation/NOC (e.g. teacher). so in this case the NOC of his experience is different from the NOC of the graduation certificate.

The question is :

1) Can he claim the points for one year Canadian experience if it is in an occupation different from his graduation area?

Yes

2) Application asked for primary NOC and another NOC for each job, so what would be the main NOC in case he have experience in pharmacy (back home) and teacher ( in Canada) ?

If applying under CEC then Teacher

3) Other general question, if somebody has 2 years experience in NOC "X" and another 3 years in NOC "Y" , will he have the point for 5 years experience ?? and how will he choose the primary NOC ?
If both jobs are under NOC O,A or B then yes total 5 years.

Any experience which is not user O,A or B cannot be counted under express entry.

Thanks in advance ..

Reactions: Adanac11

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your job experience does not have to be related to your field of study but it does to be skilled I mean category 0 A or B. And you must have 1year full time experience after your graduation. Thats for the skill worker federal program.for some provices or quebec might be different