+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Experience Eligibility

Z1746575

Feb 5, 2018
Hi,

I have worked for an advertising/PR agency for about 6 months as an Account Coordinator. It was a white collar, office job, involving client relations, administration, etc.

Later on, I got a job with a Pharmaceutical company as a Management Trainee Officer in the Engineering Department (by qualification I am an engineer). And it's been 6 months since I have been working here.

So in total I have A YEAR'S WORK EXPERIENCE. But in different fields, for different employers. Am I eligible to apply?

Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have worked for an advertising/PR agency for about 6 months as an Account Coordinator. It was a white collar, office job, involving client relations, administration, etc.

Later on, I got a job with a Pharmaceutical company as a Management Trainee Officer in the Engineering Department (by qualification I am an engineer). And it's been 6 months since I have been working here.

So in total I have A YEAR'S WORK EXPERIENCE. But in different fields, for different employers. Am I eligible to apply?

Thanks.
Are you a CEC or a FSW applicant?

Z1746575

Feb 5, 2018
Are you a CEC or a FSW applicant?
FSW. This experience is outside Canada.
Sorry should have clarified.

P.S. However, on second thought, I wonder why do even people ask this. I mean getting hired in Canada as a temporary worker is almost as impossible as the fact that Earth is flat. Especially for entry level positions like trainee engineer or administrative assistants. Canada, rather canadians are bound to follow the bureaucratic xenophobia because of the policy. I guess perhaps, it's just for the foreign graduates of Canadian universities.
Anyways, can I apply for Express Entry through FSW given the nature of my work experience?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FSW. This experience is outside Canada.
Sorry should have clarified.

P.S. However, on second thought, I wonder why do even people ask this. I mean getting hired in Canada as a temporary worker is almost as impossible as the fact that Earth is flat. Especially for entry level positions like trainee engineer or administrative assistants. Canada, rather canadians are bound to follow the bureaucratic xenophobia because of the policy. I guess perhaps, it's just for the foreign graduates of Canadian universities.
Anyways, can I apply for Express Entry through FSW given the nature of my work experience?
Then no, you are not eligible to apply as you need a year of continuous work experience in your Primary NOC.

If you were a CEC applicant you'd be able to meet the year requirement by using two different NOC's.

Z1746575

Feb 5, 2018
Ok. Thanks. This is tooooooooooooooo complicated. May be I should turn back to quantum physics and string theory. :p:D:rolleyes:

Abdelkader95

May 25, 2018
Hey, can youneed to get me some advice regarding my Express entry application. I have a diploma in mechanical engineering from a Canadian college. I worked as a Cleaning Supervisor( NOC B) for a year after that. Is there going to be any problems about being qualified to be a supervisor without related education or previous experience?

Z1746575

Feb 5, 2018
Hey, can youneed to get me some advice regarding my Express entry application. I have a diploma in mechanical engineering from a Canadian college. I worked as a Cleaning Supervisor( NOC B) for a year after that. Is there going to be any problems about being qualified to be a supervisor without related education or previous experience?
Honestly, can't say. I don't have the expertise. In fact I get confused by the bureaucracy myself. However, your case appears to be stronger than mine. Seek help from others on this forum, who may be more experienced in this matter.

Good Luck.

Z1746575

Feb 5, 2018
Then no, you are not eligible to apply as you need a year of continuous work experience in your Primary NOC.

If you were a CEC applicant you'd be able to meet the year requirement by using two different NOC's.
Hi,
One more question please.My regular (excluding overtime) work week is 54 hours. And then there is frequent overtime. Canadian Immigration defines minimum full time work as 30 hours per week.
Can I somehow have my 6 months counted as a year according to that definition?
Thanks.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
One more question please.My regular (excluding overtime) work week is 54 hours. And then there is frequent overtime. Canadian Immigration defines minimum full time work as 30 hours per week.
Can I somehow have my 6 months counted as a year according to that definition?
Thanks.
No. 6 months of work is 6 months of work no matter whether you're working 30 hrs per week or 80.