App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
19-10-2017
File Transfer...
30-11-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Processing time at some locations is much faster than others. I am wondering if it'll be a good idea to fly to a different country and submit my e-APR. Would that expedite the process? For instance, the processing time in London is way slower than New York.

starcatcher999

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Processing time at some locations is much faster than others. I am wondering if it'll be a good idea to fly to a different country and submit my e-APR. Would that expedite the process? For instance, the processing time in London is way slower than New York.
That's not the way it works. It's done based on your country of residence. Although CIC will also distribute applications to offices with lower workloads if nessecary so you may not even have your file finalized at your nearest office.

usijan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2017
Trying to come up with some logical reasoning of the distribution of applications. Only CIC has the best answer but it could be based on (guessing :rolleyes:):

1. Country of Residence;
2. Country of Citizenship may be; and/or
3. Workload among different Visa Offices

The application goes to any of the CIOs first based on any of the above criteria and then (if required) to LVO for any further recommendations and PPR. I have observed the fastest application processing trends at Ottawa VO and slowest at CIO Sydney.

Any insights?