30-05-2015 (me) & 01-06-2015 (wife)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016
Hi all,

I'm an applicant from July 2018. I had my test already on January 23rd, and my status is on Decision Made.

I have an US company interested in me, but I need to get a TN Visa for it, which is quite simple but I need my Canadian passport for that.

Have anybody succeeded or know how to expedite the rest of my citizenship process ? As I said, I had my test already and I'm just waiting to do my oath, which I don't have a date for it yet. I need to expedite it, or even miss it and just get my paperwork in an office if needed.

Let me know if you know how please, thanks in advance !

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi all,

I'm an applicant from July 2018. I had my test already on January 23rd, and my status is on Decision Made.

I have an US company interested in me, but I need to get a TN Visa for it, which is quite simple but I need my Canadian passport for that.

Have anybody succeeded or know how to expedite the rest of my citizenship process ? As I said, I had my test already and I'm just waiting to do my oath, which I don't have a date for it yet. I need to expedite it, or even miss it and just get my paperwork in an office if needed.

They won’t do that , don’t waste your time trying

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Hi all,

CIC is evaluating your citizenship on the basis that you would like to make Canada your home. Asking them to speed up the process so that you can go and contribute to another country might NOT be in the best interest of Canada and not sure how CIC would respond to your query. And it is not a criteria to speed up the process.

Having said that once you get your passport, you are free to do what you please.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I need to expedite [the oath], or even miss it and just get my paperwork in an office if needed.
Circumstances described are NOT likely to result in urgent or expedited processing.

IRCC does offer urgent processing of citizenship applications, but the criteria is quite narrow and even if the criteria apply IRCC often does not expedite processing anyway (whether to expedite is totally discretionary). While loss of employment opportunity is among the criteria, that is in relation to needing CITIZENSHIP for the job . . . NOT about needing a Canadian passport. Many fail to distinguish these. IRCC ordinarily does not fail to do so. (For example, if a U.S. passport or other status to work in the U.S. will suffice to qualify for the job, obviously Canadian CITIZENSHIP is not a necessary qualification.)

The main reason I am posting a response here, however, is your suggestion that you may need to "miss [the oath] and just get my paperwork in an office if needed."

DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY. If you miss the oath you will NOT become a Canadian citizen. Taking the oath is a mandatory requirement for adult applicants.

Once a positive decision is made, the applicant becomes a "citizenship candidate." BUT the citizenship candidate must continue to meet the requirements for a grant of citizenship AND will NOT become a citizen unless, and not until, the citizenship candidate actually appears for and takes the oath.

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
same boat as you, but i got my oath scheduled at March 6th. If you are GTA applicant u probly need to wait for another couple of months

canvan14

May 8, 2014
July 2018 applicants generally still have quite a while to go based on timeline from earlier month applicants. Hope you are lucky and get your oath invite soon.
As per other members, obtaining Canada citizenship for US company job is not an acceptable reason for urgent processing. I have seem quite a few members with the same situation but have yet to see approval for urgent processing.

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Hi all,

Just make the request. I did and they agreed they didn’t even ask for proof or anything. I got a call from them and they said if I want to go for oath in couple of days and I said YES

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Just make the request. I did and they agreed they didn’t even ask for proof or anything. I got a call from them and they said if I want to go for oath in couple of days and I said YES
I learned that follow up is the key. Just pick up the phone and call

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
I learned that follow up is the key. Just pick up the phone and call
Did you call CIC call center? Just curious. Who did you talk to? My understanding is that Oath is managed by local office that processes your application. Does the call center co-ordinate with local office to expedite oath schedule (if genuine)? DM since Jan 3. Had to request reschedule of our Jan 28 oath due to urgent business travel. Looks like they put us in the backlog pile now :)

ersar

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Did you call CIC call center? Just curious. Who did you talk to? My understanding is that Oath is managed by local office that processes your application. Does the call center co-ordinate with local office to expedite oath schedule (if genuine)? DM since Jan 3. Had to request reschedule of our Jan 28 oath due to urgent business travel. Looks like they put us in the backlog pile now :)
I talked to immigration minister Hussein and he gave me a direct phone number but they called before I even call and citizenship ceremony after 2 days.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I talked to immigration minister Hussein and he gave me a direct phone number but they called before I even call and citizenship ceremony after 2 days.
I wrote to his office and got a copy/pasted reply after a month that addressed nothing I said in my email after over a year of waiting with nothing — are we even talking about the same Hussein ? Lol

Model_citizen

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Thanks for your response. Wow, how do we reach him? Is his contact number public information?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Thanks for your response. Wow, how do we reach him? Is his contact number public information?
Just think for a second , if he does this for everybody who tries to call IRCC for their cases, does he still have time for anything else? I am sure that was just a rare exception and doesn’t apply to most of us