+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Excuse for reference letter

aarons3026

Nov 9, 2009
did u submit your job duties on an affidavit.
does it work as it is difficult to have job duties to be written on the reference letter

ap_172

Jan 27, 2010
Hi Accounts,

I am thinking about applying it thru the provincial nomination of Alberta as I think its the fastest way to get the PR approved.

I have the same issue as the person in the above, my employer gave me just a verification letter but no reference letter. As you mentioned you have included a self notarized reference letter, I would like look the format of that letter you submitted. Would you mind sending me a copy of that letter to andy172 at gmail dot com ? I am confused as to how to present it. Also can I mention in that letter not to contact my employer for verification as it would jeapordize my US immigration process the current employer has filed for?

After looking at the processing dates of each phase under your posts each time, I was totally surprised by the speed of your PR approval (8 months) and that too under the federal skilled program. I initially wanted to apply under the FSW but realized that it is applicable only to managerial positions and not to software programmers or science managers. So, now I am thinking about applying for the Alberta Provincial nomindation under the US H1B category as it seems to be applicable and the fastest way to get a PR status

Please let me know if I am assuming wrong regarding these. Also do we need include any english language reference letter? If so, please provide me a sample of your draft so that I can use it as a reference.

I would really obliged if you guide and support me thru this process as I have strugging for 2 years trying to file here in US and to Australia with no luck.

I hope you respond to me soon. THanks for all the help ahead.
-ANand

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
what do you mean by reference letter and verification letter.

ap_172

Jan 27, 2010
Reference letter is a detailed explanation of my job responsibilities .
Verification letter is just stating my title, tenure.salary etc, provided by HR.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ap_172 said:
Reference letter is a detailed explanation of my job responsibilities .
Verification letter is just stating my title, tenure.salary etc, provided by HR.
No Man! All you need is a reference letter from the company or companies you have worked for or work in. The verification of the content of these references will be carried out by CIC/IO/VO themselves.
BobbyB

ap_172

Jan 27, 2010
I guess I confused you guys about the question.
My questions, my employer can only give me an employement verification letter which does not explain my job responsibilites in detail. And I am saying can I include a notarized self reference letter explaining my job responsibilities? Also, can I mention in that letter not to contact my employer directly as it would effect my job with the company and instead provide the contact of my colleague to verify?

I want to know whether I can do the above. I think the person with profile "accounts" did it this way and got the approval. I would like to hear from him on this and which program did he apply for.

Thanks

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Seniors,
I am facing the same problem.
my HR can only give me: dates and duration, position title.
No income, no duties and responsibilities.
I am wondering if I can ask my direct supervisor to write a letter stating my responsibilities and duties.
Will my supervisor's letter work?
thanks
Ahorse

Essat

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-March-2010
AOR Received.
13-May-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
To LA on 10-Nov-2010
Med's Request
08-12-2010
Med's Done....
14-01-2011, sent 26-01-2011
Passport Req..
13-April-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2011
LANDED..........
05-Jun-2011
Your immediate supervisor or the Personnel Officer of your company can write the reference letter.

ahorse

Star Member
Sep 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Essat,
thanks for your reply.
but my supervisor can not use company's letterhead paper, instead can just use a plain paper( without company address, phone number etc), while can only stamp with my department's seal.
Is that still acceptable?
Thanks
ahorse
Essat said:
Your immediate supervisor or the Personnel Officer of your company can write the reference letter.