Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
already submitted with application
PMM said:
Hi

Because you authorize the requester to act on your behalf with CIC.
i knEw your points, but, i was wondering if someone can authorize to third party to check on his OWN status, why can't himself can do that !

doesn't make sense ...

morsy86

May 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tomsware said:
i knEw your points, but, i was wondering if someone can authorize to third party to check on his OWN status, why can't himself can do that !

doesn't make sense ...

check the answer from Caips faq
caips.ca/faq.shtml

"Can I Obtain My CAIPS Notes Myself?

Under most circumstances, you will be unable to request your CAIPS file yourself. The Canadian law that allows access to immigration files restricts who has access to this information - you must be a Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen or other person in Canada.

Needless to say, most potential immigrants do not qualify to obtain the information directly because they are not yet in Canada! It is for this reason that we established our CAIPS FileCheck service - having emigrated to Canada ourselves we have been through the process and know how frustrating it is, and now we live in Canada we can help others who want to know what is happening with their applications but cannot access the information themselves! If you are in Canada, you can find out how to apply for your file yourself through the CIC website."

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
morsy86 said:
check the answer from Caips faq
caips.ca/faq.shtml

"Can I Obtain My CAIPS Notes Myself?

Under most circumstances, you will be unable to request your CAIPS file yourself. The Canadian law that allows access to immigration files restricts who has access to this information - you must be a Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen or other person in Canada.

Needless to say, most potential immigrants do not qualify to obtain the information directly because they are not yet in Canada! It is for this reason that we established our CAIPS FileCheck service - having emigrated to Canada ourselves we have been through the process and know how frustrating it is, and now we live in Canada we can help others who want to know what is happening with their applications but cannot access the information themselves! If you are in Canada, you can find out how to apply for your file yourself through the CIC website."

how safe is this company CAIPS? is it only company in the industry? or does it have any competitor .. i mean, how many companies are doing business of providing info?

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
studentvisa13 said:
Salams Nadia..

Not sure if you already got some response from CIC regarding your application. If you haven't you can try this:

You can make an online ATIP request. There is NO FEE for this request.

Its basically your file in the CIC's computer - where all the updates on your case are logged in by a visa officer. So you will know where they are stuck, or what stages have already been processed.

Below is the link for the online ATIP request (access to info & privacy):
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

But you cannot apply yourself. You have to authorize someone living in Canada to send this request on your behalf. It can be anyone - your friend or just anyone who is trustable, who you know and who you feel comfortable to share your critical information with. They will have to attach a scanned copy of their own license (to show their Canadian address) + an authorization letter OR a form as indicated on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=465&t=1)

You can simply forward them the link for ATIP above - and ask them to send the request. All details are in the link. Your authorized person will receive an email response within 4 week from CIC - a pdf file - that will be like 30-40 pages and it will give you an idea of the progress of your application. Below

All the best.
Which one is most reliable firm for CAIPS? Can you please suggest in light of your experience?