+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ex partner trouble

cm2008

Jan 9, 2008
hi there i hope you can answer a important question for me. im living in the uk but in about 6 weeks time im going to travel to canada to be with my canadian wife she is living in edmonton alberta. im going to apply for a permanent resident visa from within canada.

so my question is i have two children from a previous relationship they will not be coming with me they will be staying with there mother in the uk. i understand that if my kids dont have the medicals then they cant be sponsored at a later date i fully except that. but ive just seen some information saying my ex-partner needs to sign some kind of form ?, i know for a fact that if she has got to sign anything then she will refuse to do it she dont want me to get on with my life so shes going to be difficult about things. is there a way around this.

i really need some info on this one

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yor information is not complete. Did you divorce her legally and do you have the final divorce certificate? If yes, i do not think you have any other document to be signed. Or can you quote where you got it from? If your marriage to the former lady is still pending, then you have to conclude the legal part of separation before you can talk of another wife being there for you.

Oloye

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Shouldn't be a problem, cm2008. This happens all the time - a former partner won't cooperate (sometimes they just want 'incentive').

Include a letter to CIC in your application that says your former gf is uncooperative and won't sign any documents, and that you're not sponsoring your children to Canada.

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
cm2008

You should explain your situation to CIC. It is not uncommon that ex spouse can be difficult. It may delay your application a bit but you should not close the door forever for future sponsorship of your children.....who knows!!

cm2008

Jan 9, 2008
its not ME closing the door its my ex partner she wont let me take the kids for their medicals if i had my way they would be coming with me

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
cm2008 said:
its not ME closing the door its my ex partner she wont let me take the kids for their medicals if i had my way they would be coming with me
I mean: you should let CIC know about your difficulties. CIC will understand. Later and when things change you can sponsor your kids if you wish. But if you say or write that your kids will not move with you, then this alone can give the wrong impression that this is it.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
cm2008..

If you want to leave it open to sponsor your kids at some future date, you'll probably need to involve a lawyer so you can get medicals done on your kids. Not having medicals at this time will pretty much close the door forever.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about child support after the divorce? Have you to pay it?
What kind of a proof does your ex-wife have that you are not just escaping your responsibilities moving to Canada?

cm2008

Jan 9, 2008
"we were never married" i would like some info on child support once i move to canada. i support my kids fully here in the uk and i presume as long as i still support my kids from within canada then things should be ok. i think as long as im not running away from anything then immigration wont see it as a problem. anyway how deep do immigration actually look into this

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
women suport only women thats why you start getting worry for first women without reading his post ?

Regina said:
What about child support after the divorce? Have you to pay it?
What kind of a proof does your ex-wife have that you are not just escaping your responsibilities moving to Canada?