+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ex-Employer creating problems

arnab.bagchi

May 11, 2017
Hello, I have recently got the visa (FSW) to Canada. In the company I currently worked for, I have fulfilled my contract and despite that they are not letting me go and moreover they have become hostile. Knowing their reputation and power, it is likely that they might fabricate information and use it against me even after I land to Canada.

* They are refusing to give me any work experience certificate (thankfully, they did during the application process)
* They might deny I worked there if contacted afterwards.
* They might fabricate false claims against me in the country I reside in.

And in my defense, I have my offer letter, joining letter, promotion letter (originals), contract paper (photocopy), bank statement of my salary account.

My question is, is there any way they can harm me or put me in trouble after I have landed to Canada that could threaten my PR? If they somehow deny my working there, it would automatically assume falsification of my work in that place that I used during applying for PR. Would the documents I carry be enough to prove them liars should it be the case?

Clearly, my employer had hostile intentions, if they somehow slap any complaints against me, would that by any means affect my PR status?

Thanks in Advance :)

jp2014

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2014
AOR Received.
05-2014
Med's Request
11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-2017
Personally, I don't think they can do much to harm you since you have all the evidence to prove your employment. If I were you I would first DETACH the resignation/employment termination from the immigration. Just follow the labour law process and proceed with a resignation. If you terminate your employment voluntarily before the contract end date, you may be subject to a penalty or something. I don't think that you can't terminate your employment. It's just the terms and conditions that go with it following the law. Once you are done with the process, you will have additional documents which you can keep for filing.

Reactions: arnab.bagchi

arnab.bagchi

May 11, 2017
Thanks. But here's the thing, my contract *is* over two months ago. It was a contractual job, but yet they are forcing me to stay longer. I did resign (to prove, it is on mail as well) three months earlier.

Also, I did not really get what you meant by DETACH the resignation/termination from the immigration.

Thank you again.

jp2014

Star Member
May 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2014
AOR Received.
05-2014
Med's Request
11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-2017
What I meant was you don't have to tell them you resign because you will move to Canada. You just need to resign from the job without giving the reason. In your case, your contract ended 3 months ago so legally they can't force you to stay. Neither can they make it difficult for you in the future. If needed you may consul a lawyer with experience in labour law to help you.

If you have a good relationship with your employer, that's perfect but if you don't and you are not doing anything wrong, just follow the local law. The fact that they are a well known large company doesn't mean they can ignore the law. And by law I meant the local law, not the law of the country where they come from, if they are a foreign company.