+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Evidences for Travel documents

Siraprapha

Star Member
Dec 11, 2010
Hello,

I am going to apply for a travel document to return to Canada.

Does anyone know that I need to submit the 'original one' or I can use a copy one for below evidences?
Am I supposed to give the original one for COPR & CRA notice of assessments? These are 2 very important documents. Will the visa office return them back to me?

Evidence of your permanent resident status in Canada, such as:
• a Record of Landing or Confirmation of Permanent Residence or, if the document was lost or stolen, a police report documenting the
circumstances of the loss,
• an expired permanent resident card or, if your card was lost or stolen, a police report documenting the circumstances of the loss,
• employment documents,
• financial documents,
• Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment forms,
• evidence of receipt of benefits from Canadian government programs,
• rental agreements,
• club memberships, etc

Thank you!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Send photocopies. Do NOT send your original COPR to anyone, EVER! The NOA's can be replaced quite easily by CRA so those are not as much a concern.

Samsay

Nov 13, 2014
Hello,

I had a similar question too.

Filling up the forms for PR Travel Document. Do we need to send original expired PR card?

Thoughts?

Sam.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Samsay said:
Hello,

I had a similar question too.

Filling up the forms for PR Travel Document. Do we need to send original expired PR card?

Thoughts?

Sam.
No, you do not need to send your original PR card.

jppbaku

May 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
IELTS Request
NA
Passport Req..
03-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-02-2013
LANDED..........
17-03-2014
Samsay said:
Thank you Allura71 :)
Hi sam
We are in the same boat I think.Iam about to apply for travel document in january.I became PR in september 14 but came back to UAE as didnt resign from my present job.I have enough time left to meet RO.But still bit nervous..Please kepp posting your progress...
Good luck

Samsay

Nov 13, 2014
Hi jppbaku,

Planning to submit the application, coming Sunday (23rd November). Will surely keep you posted.

Regards,
Sam.

shoaibuc

Star Member
Sep 13, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-June-2013
Doc's Request.
(PCC+Schedule-A) 24-June-2014
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
12-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxxxxx
LANDED..........
InshAllah Nov./Dec.
Hi jppbaku, Samsay,

What is the status of your PRTD application. Did you get one and in how many days.

mkyasir

Jan 5, 2015
How long does it take to get the travel document from the UAE? I might be in the same boat for my wife later this year...want to make sure I have enough time and correct paper work for everything.

Thanks

Samsay

Nov 13, 2014
Hello All,

Apologies for the long silence.

Submitted documentation for a travel document on 24th November. Since there was no update online, planned to visit the embassy on 17th December.

Explain the entire situation about the travel plans after 2 days and the proof that PR renewal application is in progress in Canada.

The officer did quite understand the situation and I received the travel document on 18th December.

Regards,
Sam.

cruiser06

Star Member
May 27, 2014
Samsay said:
Hello All,

Apologies for the long silence.

Submitted documentation for a travel document on 24th November. Since there was no update online, planned to visit the embassy on 17th December.

Explain the entire situation about the travel plans after 2 days and the proof that PR renewal application is in progress in Canada.

The officer did quite understand the situation and I received the travel document on 18th December.

Regards,
Sam.
Hi Sam,
I applied PR travel document on 9th of January. What shall I do if I dont get any update within 10 working days.
My situation is like: I landed for first time in Canada on January 9th, 2015 but returned back to UAE within 8 days. I have submitted all proofs( my landing COPR copy, job resignation letter and my stay in Canada with bank account with job offer letter along with PRTD application. Please advice if still they dont process in 10 days, how to approach them and explaining personally. Thanks!