+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Evidence for questions #9,#20,#24,#25 all the same??

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Ok Guys I am so confused about this and feel like my head is melted (a feeling I'm sure you can all relate to!).

Here's my problem...questions 9,20,24 and 25 on form 5490 all ask for additional evidence,but it's all asking for pretty much the same thing?

Question 9: provide photos and documentary evidence of events or activities in which you both participated

Question 20 provide written and documentary evidence of your relationship. (For example,insurance policies,wills,anything naming your partner as beneficiary,documents showing travel together,identity documents showing same address,documents showing joint ownership of possessions,joint mortgage/loan/rental agreement/bank accounts etc.

Question 24 Indicate number,dates and length of visits,and if you stayed together at the same location during the visit.if space is insuffiant,use a separate sheet of paper.provide documentary evidence, for example visas,tickets,etc.

Question 25 Indicate number,dates and length of visits,and if you stayed together at the same location during the visit.if space is insuffiant,use a separate sheet of paper.provide documentary evidence, for example visas,tickets,etc.

Is it just me,or are all of these questions asking for the same additional information?I mean i have no idea which question matches up to all of the stuff we have???

And then,at the very end of the form,its asks On a separate sheet of paper,provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing
I mean what "additional details" are we expected to have that have not already been covered in all of the above questions??

What did you guys do for each of these questions?
Im wondering,are we allowed to just have all of our additional info,tickets,visa's,Leases,bank accounts,utility bills,photos etc. all together in one folder marked "additional infomation",and then write under all of the above questions "See additional information folder provided",therefore keeping al of our information together and refering each question to it?

Thank you all in advance,really hoping you guys will share what you did as any help is really greatly appreciated!!

-Karl

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Karl,

I believe that you are correct; reference your `additional information' folder for each question.

Good luck!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
KarlR said:
And then,at the very end of the form,its asks On a separate sheet of paper,provide any additional details of your current relationship that you believe would help to prove your relationship is genuine and continuing
I mean what "additional details" are we expected to have that have not already been covered in all of the above questions??

What did you guys do for each of these questions?
Im wondering,are we allowed to just have all of our additional info,tickets,visa's,Leases,bank accounts,utility bills,photos etc. all together in one folder marked "additional infomation",and then write under all of the above questions "See additional information folder provided",therefore keeping al of our information together and refering each question to it?
We had 3 envelopes: sponsor forms, applicant forms and Relationship Proof.

For question 20, we listed what we proof we had included.

For questions 24 and 25, we simply stated "We have lived together since Jan 2010", nothing else.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Awesome,will do just that!thanks for your info guys!!