+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Everyone coming to Canada, Get ready for a rough ride!!

AR2147

Oct 1, 2013
Dear members,

Congratulation to all who have received PERs and cant wait to start their new chapter of life. I just want to advise you all guys that this is going to be way more challenging than you think it is going to be. It is extremely hard to secure a job in your field. Keep in mind that you should have a backup for the next 6 months after you land here. Most Canadian companies will not value even if you have a decade of experience in your field. I have come to Canada and it is pretty shocking to see the actual job market situation. Last advice, do explore other areas in Canada and dont just restrict yourself to places like Toronto, Vancouver or Calgary where this is a very high competition.

Best of luck!!

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes you are correct. Job market is slowdown here. Lay off in most of the Engg companies in alberta. It will be very hard for the new comers. Oil price is coming down and no new projects expected in the near future for oil and gas industries. Keystone pipeline project also not yet approved in the US senate.

arika

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2014
Nomination.....
14/01/2015
AOR Received.
26/02/2015
Hey AR2147,
thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Still I think that the most of the forumites are realists and do not expect to get a job wich will match to their profile and experience immidiately after landing in Canada. Obviously it will be a surviving job at the beginning (if we're lucky to have even this one, of course). And apparently many of us will stuck into it for the rest of their life, despite of all diplomas and experience. Everyone understands that no one expects or wants us in Canada. But these are risks we're willing to take. It's immigration, what to do :(

AR2147

Oct 1, 2013
@artika

Absolutely right! It took years for people to find jobs in their respective fields like engineering. It is very frustrating and hard specially if one comes here with family including children. I hope everyone is aware of it because I was not and had a very different picture in mind.