+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EVERYBODY IN CANADA ,,,,seniors,,,,some personal issue,,,,,,need ur views

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
hello all

i want to know that if anybody is going to canada to the first time,,,considering all the aspects,,,when can he or she visit to the india without much problem,,,,

i am asking this coz i m 28 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged BEFORE going to canada and the come back after some time,,,,,need ur views

although i m not interested in investing into some kind of prperty for first 3 years

plz help me out,,,,i m really worried

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I assume you're talking about skilled worker immigration, not family class sponsorship.

Only you can decide depending on your circumstances, but here are some important facts:

1. If you are already living with your fiancé / boy/girl friend for more than 1 year, you have to include them on your application as a common-law partner. Even if you aren't common-law already, you're better off marrying before becoming a PR, and including your spouse as a dependent. The other way round, you would have to remain in Canada (separated from your spouse) in order to sponsor them for PR.

2. If you become a PR, you need to maintain the residency obligation, 730 days (2 years) out of 5 must be spent in Canada. Other than that, you are free to travel for the remaining 3 years-worth of time. That gives you plenty of flexibility.

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
matthewc said:
I assume you're talking about skilled worker immigration, not family class sponsorship.

Only you can decide depending on your circumstances, but here are some important facts:

1. If you are already living with your fiancé / boy/girl friend for more than 1 year, you have to include them on your application as a common-law partner. Even if you aren't common-law already, you're better off marrying before becoming a PR, and including your spouse as a dependent. The other way round, you would have to remain in Canada (separated from your spouse) in order to sponsor them for PR.

2. If you become a PR, you need to maintain the residency obligation, 730 days (2 years) out of 5 must be spent in Canada. Other than that, you are free to travel for the remaining 3 years-worth of time. That gives you plenty of flexibility.
thanx mathew

i was trying to ask that once you land in canda after getting FSW1 and u complete all the formalities,,,is there a time barrier or some other rule that when can u apply for your spouse,,,like if i come back after one year and get married,,,when can i apply for her case?

please i need help

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
godblessyou said:
thanx mathew

i was trying to ask that once you land in canda after getting FSW1 and u complete all the formalities,,,is there a time barrier or some other rule that when can u apply for your spouse,,,like if i come back after one year and get married,,,when can i apply for her case?

please i need help
please share ur views

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no time barrier to apply to sponsor your spouse but like matthewc has said, you would have to be in Canada to sponsor your spouse. That means you go back and marry and then you must return to Canada to file for sponsorship. You will be separated from your spouse for several months while the application is being processed.

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Leon said:
There is no time barrier to apply to sponsor your spouse but like matthewc has said, you would have to be in Canada to sponsor your spouse. That means you go back and marry and then you must return to Canada to file for sponsorship. You will be separated from your spouse for several months while the application is being processed.
thanx leon

so can u guide me with an overall view that what should i do and what will be in the best interest for me

nae-nae

Apr 11, 2010
Hamilton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2010
AOR Received.
sent on 27-09-10
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2011
LANDED..........
20-01-2011
you can travel as soon as you get your PR card. As mathewc said you have to reside in Canada for 730 days in a 5 year period, that does not mean you cannot travel for the first 2 years, it simply means you must be in Canada for that amount of days in the first 5 years. After you marry and come back to Canada to sponsor your spouse, you can still travel back and forth if you like until he obtains PR status.

I this information on this site http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-faq.html

Canadian Residency Obligations

Canadian Permanent Residents have the right to enter and live in Canada.
Canadian Permanent Residents must meet certain residency obligations or they may lose their Permanent Resident status. Two years of "residency days" must be accumulated in every five-year period. Residency days need not be consecutive and may be accumulated inside or even outside of Canada, in the following ways:

Inside Canada:

By physical presence

Outside of Canada:

By accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse/common-law partner, or
As a child accompanying a parent, or
By employment on a full-time basis with a Canadian enterprise or the Public Service of Canada, or
By accompanying a Canadian Permanent Resident who is outside Canada and who is employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian enterprise or the Public Service of Canada, as the employee's spouse/common-law partner or child.

Prior to June 28, 2002, Canadian Permanent Residents could, in certain circumstances, obtain Returning Resident Permits that allowed the holder to remain abroad for a given length of time. Returning Resident Permits are no longer available, but any time remaining on a previously issued permit will be honoured. Moreover, days that have been spent outside of Canada under a valid Returning Resident Permit are accounted as residency days.

The calculation of residency days for a person who has been a Canadian Permanent Resident for more than five years will be limited to the five years immediately preceding the examination. Persons who have been Canadian Permanent Residents for less than five years must demonstrate that they will be able to meet the residency requirement during the five-year period immediately following their becoming a Canadian Permanent Resident.

Canadian Permanent Residents who plan to re-enter Canada by common carrier (plane, train, bus, boat) will have to show their Canadian Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Travel Document before boarding.

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
nae-nae said:
you can travel as soon as you get your PR card. As mathewc said you have to reside in Canada for 730 days in a 5 year period, that does not mean you cannot travel for the first 2 years, it simply means you must be in Canada for that amount of days in the first 5 years. After you marry and come back to Canada to sponsor your spouse, you can still travel back and forth if you like until he obtains PR status.

I this information on this site http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-faq.html

Canadian Residency Obligations

Canadian Permanent Residents have the right to enter and live in Canada.
Canadian Permanent Residents must meet certain residency obligations or they may lose their Permanent Resident status. Two years of "residency days" must be accumulated in every five-year period. Residency days need not be consecutive and may be accumulated inside or even outside of Canada, in the following ways:

Inside Canada:

By physical presence

Outside of Canada:

By accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse/common-law partner, or
As a child accompanying a parent, or
By employment on a full-time basis with a Canadian enterprise or the Public Service of Canada, or
By accompanying a Canadian Permanent Resident who is outside Canada and who is employed on a full-time basis by a Canadian enterprise or the Public Service of Canada, as the employee's spouse/common-law partner or child.

Prior to June 28, 2002, Canadian Permanent Residents could, in certain circumstances, obtain Returning Resident Permits that allowed the holder to remain abroad for a given length of time. Returning Resident Permits are no longer available, but any time remaining on a previously issued permit will be honoured. Moreover, days that have been spent outside of Canada under a valid Returning Resident Permit are accounted as residency days.

The calculation of residency days for a person who has been a Canadian Permanent Resident for more than five years will be limited to the five years immediately preceding the examination. Persons who have been Canadian Permanent Residents for less than five years must demonstrate that they will be able to meet the residency requirement during the five-year period immediately following their becoming a Canadian Permanent Resident.

Canadian Permanent Residents who plan to re-enter Canada by common carrier (plane, train, bus, boat) will have to show their Canadian Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Travel Document before boarding.
hi

thanx for such a contribution

can u tell me like suppose i go to canada,,,complete all the formalities over there and then come back to get married,,,,when i will come back,,,do i need to have some kind of bank balance or finacial support to sponsor my spouse?

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are no financial requirements to sponsor your spouse. I would suggest that you begin by familiarizing yourself with the sponsorship process by reading the sponsorship manuals available here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp