+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EVERYBODY IN CANADA ,,,,seniors,,,,some personal issue,,,,,,need ur views

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
hello all

i want to know that if anybody is going to canada to the first time,,,considering all the aspects,,,when can he or she visit to the india without much problem,,,,

i am asking this coz i m 28 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged BEFORE going to canada and the come back after some time,,,,,need ur views

although i m not interested in investing into some kind of prperty for first 3 years

plz help me out,,,,i m really worried

P

pv

Re: EVERYBODY IN CANADA ,,,,,some personal issue,,,,,,need ur views

Option 1 :
If you have applied for PR and waiting for approval and COPR, then its better you get married first, update CIC with your new status
pay the fees for your spouse and submit other relevant docs of your spouse.This is the best and less time consuming option.

Option 2 : If you decide to get your PR first and then complete your landing as single then- in order to sponsor your spouse you have to be in canada on job for at least 1 year. It will take 1-2 yrs for your spouse to get the PR and in that duration very rarely CIC will issue her a TRV/visitior visa. I have learn from this forum and other forum that this type of cases had to wait lot.. and is very depressing.

The PR validity is 5yrs and you have to atleast stay for 1095 days to be eligible for applying for citizenship.
You have to stay atleast 2yrs out of 5 yrs, to get your PR extension

Think couple of times before you go with option 2

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

godblessyou said:
hello all

i want to know that if anybody is going to canada to the first time,,,considering all the aspects,,,when can he or she visit to the india without much problem,,,,

i am asking this coz i m 28 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged BEFORE going to canada and the come back after some time,,,,,need ur views

although i m not interested in investing into some kind of prperty for first 3 years

plz help me out,,,,i m really worried
There is no problem if you travel to India any number of times according to your capability and financial conditions for any purpose or reasons. You should carry your PR Card all the time you travel. So, go ahead as your plan and visit india, stay there for some period and return to Canada. Meanwhile, you have to maintain the required period of stay in Canada to maintain the validity of PR - 2 years stay in Canada within 5 years time from the landing date.

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010

wilson said:
There is no problem if you travel to India any number of times according to your capability and financial conditions for any purpose or reasons. You should carry your PR Card all the time you travel. So, go ahead as your plan and visit india, stay there for some period and return to Canada. Meanwhile, you have to maintain the required period of stay in Canada to maintain the validity of PR - 2 years stay in Canada within 5 years time from the landing date.
wilson is it so as some member has told already about that i have to stay for a certain period of time to get my spouse in canada

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

godblessyou said:
wilson is it so as some member has told already about that i have to stay for a certain period of time to get my spouse in canada
Stay in Canada for certain period of time is not a requirement for sponsoring spouse. Even no income proof is required to submitted for sponsoring spouse. However 2/5 years is must for maintaining status of PR.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
godblessyou said:
hello all

i ant to know that if anybody is going to canada to the first time,,,considering all the aspects,,,when can he or she visit to the native country without much problem,,,,

i am asking this coz i m 29 and i want to get married next year,,,can i come back within one year for getting married,,,,please advise me considering all the financial and other factors in mind,,,,or should i get the PR and the get engaged before going to canada and the come back after some time,,,i m really worried

some views please,,,
U can take the "very next returning flight" to your homeland, after completion of your "record of landing". Which shouldn't take more than 2 hrs at max.

However, it'd be wise for u to land, settle down, complete all the formalities (SIN, PRC, HC, Bank A/c etc.), fetch a suitable job, organize proper housing, obtain a Canadian DL, get a hold of the land, make some family friends & then return for your impending wedding. Probably after 6-9 months. U do not want to put your 'new' bride/spouse into a sham situation, do u?

All the very best!

Qorax

godblessyou said:
thanx buddy that was the reason i mentioned 1 year time

plz help me understand something more

i was trying to ask that once you land in canda after getting FSW1 and u complete all the formalities,,,is there a time barrier or some other rule that when can u apply for your spouse,,,like if i come back after one year and get married,,,when can i apply for her case?
Leon said:
There is no certain time limit. Technically, you could land as a PR, get married the next day and apply for sponsorship right away but if you did that, immigration would feel that you held back that you were already in a serious relationship and ask why you did not marry earlier and add your wife to your application. They may also want proof that you did not live with your wife before getting married and could not have been considered as common law. One year or a few months should be fine.
godblessyou said:
thanx

so there is no time limit,,,it is only upto me to make my case valid and strong enough?? is that so sir
godblessyou said:
thanx

so there is no time limit,,,it is only upto me to make my case valid and strong enough?? is that so sir
Yes, that's correct...

P

pv

As explorer101 mentioned, I was not aware of the fact that for spouse sponsor we don't need proof of funds and minimum stay..

But then why CIC has mentioned different slab of minimum funds for different family composition..?

Good luck godblessyou. I know many cases where they got married after getting PR.. and it took them hell to get their spouse.

Ps- No one here tries to de-motivate anyone, but we all share our exp or news which we may got from different sources..

Members here share only their views , better contact with CIC and ask them the procedure and timeline

Once again good luck

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
pv said:
As explorer101 mentioned, I was not aware of the fact that for spouse sponsor we don't need proof of funds and minimum stay..

But then why CIC has mentioned different slab of minimum funds for different family composition..?

Good luck godblessyou. I know many cases where they got married after getting PR.. and it took them hell to get their spouse.

Ps- No one here tries to de-motivate anyone, but we all share our exp or news which we may got from different sources..

Members here share only their views , better contact with CIC and ask them the procedure and
timeline

Once again good luck
thanks dear,,,i appreciate everybody's views,,u guys are helping me

godblessyou

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
pv said:

Members here share only their views , better contact with CIC and ask them the procedure and timeline

Once again good luck
from where can i get this info,,,,

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
@ godblessyou
What happened to your case. You told that cic called your employer & you and there was contradiction in the information. Have you got you medical.