+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ever See In Process Followed by Add'l Docs Request

ISP221

Sep 16, 2014
Greetings all. Hope the processes are going well for everyone. I was just wondering, has anyone seen or had their ECAS status go to "in process" and then had a request for more documents? Or does it seem like once it goes in process they have everything and the visa is just being processed in essence? Just curious. I searched around and read lots of threads and didn't see any examples in the family class that really answered the question. Take care everyone.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
ISP221 said:
Greetings all. Hope the processes are going well for everyone. I was just wondering, has anyone seen or had their ECAS status go to "in process" and then had a request for more documents? Or does it seem like once it goes in process they have everything and the visa is just being processed in essence? Just curious. I searched around and read lots of threads and didn't see any examples in the family class that really answered the question. Take care everyone.
Some visa offices don't go to inprocess until everything has been reviewed and they're issuing the visa. Other visa offices go in process as soon as the vo opens the file and begins to sort through the info, so in the case it would be completely normal to have additional documents being requested if the vo is uncertain about some things in the application. So this isn't really out of the norm. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Supply the vo with the requested documents ASAP so that they can quickly get back to processing the file.

ISP221

Sep 16, 2014
Thanks :) Our file is being processed in Ottawa. We got married in Ontario and it was supposed to take about 10 weeks to get our marriage registered etc. Since we are on a pretty close timeline with the expiration of a IEC OWP, we wanted to file our app as soon as possible and sent it in with a letter attached to a copy of the completed marriage form etc. As soon as we got our marriage certificate we sent it in my Canada Post and via email to Ottawa, so hoping that they got it put with our file, but who knows. No request yet, but when I saw in process a few days ago I was curious. Thanks!