+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

evaluation of social work degree

dila2401

May 18, 2011
hello dear friend !

I wish to know about the procedures on working as a registered social worker.
from what i have read is that we must go through CASW for evaluating foreign trained social work education for equivalence in Canada. The cost for the procedures is above $300. I wish to know if that is the only way to get our cerificate to be evaluated and being a registered social work ...
pls can u inform me on how best to proceed .

thanx
dila

Wolvy

May 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-29-2011
AOR Received.
PER: 9-1-2011, 10-4-2011 2nd AOR
Med's Request
10-28-2013 & RPRF requested, doc request 12-27-2013
Med's Done....
11-8-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-19-2014
dila2401 said:
hello dear friend !

I wish to know about the procedures on working as a registered social worker.
from what i have read is that we must go through CASW for evaluating foreign trained social work education for equivalence in Canada. The cost for the procedures is above $300. I wish to know if that is the only way to get our cerificate to be evaluated and being a registered social work ...
pls can u inform me on how best to proceed .

thanx
dila
Yes it is my understanding that in order to work as a registered social worker you need to have your international degree evaluated (except if obtained in USA) by CASW as the first step. Check with the province that you wish to go to as well as CASW assessment is not accepted in BC or Quebec. I have heard that not all jobs require registration. However, I've been frequently searching job sites for social work jobs and I haven't seen one that did not require registeration or the ability to be registered. Maybe someone that is currently working as a social worker in Canada will be able to give more insight.