+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ETA for people with medical issue like TB ?

zohaahmed1

Oct 30, 2017
Context: Sputum test came out positive on 4th October 2018 and treatment started on 8th. My application submission was on the same date as well.

Now I'm reaching the end of my treatment and it will end on 8th April which is also when my PPR is set to be processed.

Currently I'm IP2 but medical still says it's under review. Just wanted to ask what's your experience been if you had TB? And how long does it usually take after treatment to get PPR?

ozaN

Nov 29, 2018
Context: Sputum test came out positive on 4th October 2018 and treatment started on 8th. My application submission was on the same date as well.

Now I'm reaching the end of my treatment and it will end on 8th April which is also when my PPR is set to be processed.

Currently I'm IP2 but medical still says it's under review. Just wanted to ask what's your experience been if you had TB? And how long does it usually take after treatment to get PPR?
Hi, my upfront medical exam date is 17/12/2018, then PP requested 3 consecutive sputums. I gave it on 20-21-22/12/2018. PP told me to wait 3 month's for sputum results and another x-ray. My medical says it's under review too.

kmlprt

Sep 17, 2018
Anyone knows here?
Hi ,

I'm in a similar boat . I wish I could provide any help but it seems our applications are in same phase right now.

I was diagnosed on 28 Sept, started treatment from Oct and will be finished till March end. My application is still under medical review. Do you have any idea whether the other parts of application are processed in parallel? How do you know it's IP2 stage for you?

Did you try for any GCMS notes by IRCC? Also, maybe we'd need the updated documents as well.

Someone in another thread has mentioned that cic asks for sputum test once the treatment completes and that the application is kept on hold till medical is cleared. I don't have much concrete information as of now, but I hope you have a speedy recovery and your application moves forward as well. Keep us posted for any update . Thanks!

Last edited:

zohaahmed1

Oct 30, 2017
Hi ,

I'm in a similar boat . I wish I could provide any help but it seems our applications are in same phase right now.

I was diagnosed on 28 Sept, started treatment from Oct and will be finished till March end. My application is still under medical review. Do you have any idea whether the other parts of application are processed in parallel? How do you know it's IP2 stage for you?

Did you try for any GCMS notes by IRCC? Also, maybe we'd need the updated documents as well.

Someone in another thread has mentioned that cic asks for sputum test once the treatment completes and that the application is kept on hold till medical is cleared. I don't have much concrete information as of now, but I hope you have a speedy recovery and your application moves forward as well. Keep us posted for any update . Thanks!
Hey, thanks for replying!

I checked this forum for IP2 status and all of mine state the same except the medical one which is under review. What does your statuses state? Have you checked if it's IP2 or not?

I haven't gotten GCMS yet because I haven't even cleared the test. What about you?

Yes, we have to undergo X-ray and Sputum tests as soon as our treatment is finished. Then the results will be submitted which will take a maximum of 8 weeks. I'm hoping it gets through quicker than this assigned time frame. My sister had to go through these tests because she had a slight scar in her X-ray. However, she was called after a couple of weeks to be informed that her sputum culture results were clear. Within the same week she got her PPR. We still have hope.

kmlprt

Sep 17, 2018
Hey, thanks for replying!

I checked this forum for IP2 status and all of mine state the same except the medical one which is under review. What does your statuses state? Have you checked if it's IP2 or not?

I haven't gotten GCMS yet because I haven't even cleared the test. What about you?

Yes, we have to undergo X-ray and Sputum tests as soon as our treatment is finished. Then the results will be submitted which will take a maximum of 8 weeks. I'm hoping it gets through quicker than this assigned time frame. My sister had to go through these tests because she had a slight scar in her X-ray. However, she was called after a couple of weeks to be informed that her sputum culture results were clear. Within the same week she got her PPR. We still have hope.
Hi ,

I apologize for replying this late. But here's my current status :

Application step :
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

April 20th is my processing end date. It seems I'm in IP2 ? My Medical is not cleared too, so haven't ordered GCMS yet.

TB treatment is still undergoing for me, as Doctor asked to continue taking medicines till 8 April. After that I need to undergo some scans and Xray that they'll send as final reports. In case CIC ask for sputum, we'll then go through the procedure as well. Right now, nobody has asked for sputum.

In case of your sister- she didn't had to submit some application proofs like PCC again? After medical clearance how much time it takes for cases such as ours? Since you told that after medical clearance she got the PPR in same week, so it means they do process the application in parallel for cases like ours? Someone mentioned to me that the file is kept on hold under medical is cleared.

Let me know about your case too. Please keep in touch , it seems our cases are very very similar here.I'm sending all my best wishes to you.

kmlprt

Sep 17, 2018
Hi Zohaahmed1 ,

Have you got any update from cic or panel physicians at your end ? How did the things went for you , since you informed that 8 April was the estimated timeline final date?
Kindly share your experience !.

Thanks

bbm1711

Oct 20, 2019
kuwait
Hi ,

Hi,
Did u got ur visa?