+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error of personal details in Confirmation of Permanent Residence form

dev.s

Oct 26, 2013
Hay Guys

I found a Error of personal details in Confirmation of Permanent Residence form as marital status is single although i am married and i had provided the same.

i inquired to Visa Office Delhi, and asked for resubmit all all passport & COPR to Visa Office Delhi. I did the same.

guys, do you have any idea how many days it take to correct and receive?

Thank you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It will depend on whether this is a simple clerical error or not. Has your spouse had a medical examination yet?

dev.s

Oct 26, 2013
Yes, We had completed medical examination and send to Visa office.

I Received COPR error in marital status single, however in another section of COPR, stated that my spouse and child accompanying with me.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
In that case they may just want it returned to be reissued with correct details. Contact the visa office and ask them. It should not take too long. Mine took a couple of weeks when London made an error on my COPR. I was chasing them a lot however.

Kalawati

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
June 2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 31
LANDED..........
August 8 2013
Simple errors can be corrected at Port of Entry... be calm..we also did that.. if it is easy to correct you can ask for correction other wise Canadian officers are very kind and co-operative..

dev.s

Oct 26, 2013
Re: Error of personal details in Confirmation of Permanent Residence form COPR

hi

i had inquired to Visa office and they replied me that

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

If there are any errors found on your (or one of your dependant's) Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) form(s) or Permanent Resident Visa(s) such as incorrect personal information (ie. Error in name, date of birth, gender, marital status, etc) or if a photo has been mistakenly attached to the incorrect COPR, you will have to resubmit the COPR and your passport in order for new documents to be issued. Passport(s) and COPR(s) for the principal applicant and all dependents are required to be submitted, even if the error is only found on one person's document. Please also provide additional passport-sized photos to be placed on your reissued COPR(s).

You should not travel to Canada until you have the correct information on your COPR and visa(s).

Please quote your complete file number on all correspondence with our office. The COPR and your passport should be sent by mail or courier to the High Commission of Canada:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section

these the exact the replies to me.

and i did accordingly and i resubmitted my COPR & Passport to Visa office and waiting for Updates of Response.

Please share your experience and correction procedure what you did ?

Thank you