+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ERROR in Visa and in COPR

mushtaq

Oct 28, 2007
Dear Friends,

I have recenlty received an immirgrant visa, but they misstyped my passport number in Visa and in COPR,, I need your advise how to proceed in order to make correction.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Get them notified immidiately so that something can be done in order not to cause any problem when landing. If their office is within reach visit them if not mail them immidiately or fax them.

Oloye

mushtaq

Oct 28, 2007
Thanks Olyee,

I have sent them eamil,, got the answer saying that the Immigration officer at port of entry will correct the error.

Oloye

Oct 4, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Make sure you print and hold on to their reply as prove that it was CIC officer's error.
Happy Landing.

Oloye

R

ronit

its to risky if the officer at poe is a bloody racist he can deny u entry and the main part is once the visa is issued it cannot be rectified

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
No they are not recist. Canadian are very very polite. The worst that could happen is that as part of routine check it might take a while before they correct the mistake as a matter of care being taken and being sure that they are dealing with correct person and correct documents. They might ask you to enter canada but you might leave them with contacts so that they can get in touch while they are processing to rectify the error. Check to make sure that the visa on the passport has got correct information i.e. dob, names etc. Copr could be rectified at poe.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
mushtaq said:
Dear Friends,

I have recenlty received an immirgrant visa, but they misstyped my passport number in Visa and in COPR,, I need your advise how to proceed in order to make correction.
You need to return the COPR to CIC and have them correct the mistake. If it isn't correct when you try to enter, they won't let you in!

Ozzie

Star Member
Aug 3, 2006
USA
wait for my reply .. I will reply to this thread later in the day and will tell you exactly what will happen from my personal experience.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
ronit said:
its to risky if the officer at poe is a bloody racist he can deny u entry and the main part is once the visa is issued it cannot be rectified
just for a peace of mind, I have not found a racist people here in Canada not even one

Regards
Eduardo

Ozzie

Star Member
Aug 3, 2006
USA
OK from my personal experience this is what could happen with you. Since the Consulate already emailed you back saying visa officer at the POE will correct it.. I really don not think that emailing or contacting the embassy would do any better.

When you land.

1. Either the IO at POE will give you a form " Entry for further examination or admissibility hearing" IO will make you sign the document and wont process your landing till the IO get the mistake rectified by the visa office, but don't worry if you are genuine and your case is valid than you'll be ok. After the IO get confirmation from the visa office that the error was made from their side. You will be call again to the airport to complete your landing.

2. It is also possible that the IO at the airport or POE will just change the information in the system without going thru the process but i highly doubt that.

3. Since you have an error on your COPR once you complete your landing, CIC will ask you to send your document to their query department in Ottawa for correction, currently the wait time for applications are 2 months. They will correct your COPR stamp it and will change their records.

But in any case dont worry do take the email reply you received from the visa office as a proof.

You will be fine. Goodluck with everything.