+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in Ecas status

kenzo

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
pittabread said:
Reference . Baloo post.

CIC's eCAS or eclient system allows you to check the status of your Canada immigration application online at no cost.
It doesn't actually provide much information about your application, usually just what stage of processing it has reached and whether a decision has been made.

eCAS is a term that often refers to by the terms FOSS & CAIPS notes
http://immipedia.ca/CAIPS

Global Case Management System GCMS is the "new" system (it has been a project of the Canadian government for many years.
Cost estimate $200 million.
The system allows extensive free form text notes for users (not the public) - and many other undisclosed "clever" things that will aid fraudulent activity.
Transfer of data from ecas has been happening for a while now.

You can't order GCMS notes yet.
thx man nice details +1

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reference. Fariza post

GCMS stands for Global Case Management System which is a new project of CIC to effectively manage and access client file notes and updates (to replace current CAIPS)

Where as ECAS stands for Electronic Client Application Status--- which an applicant can use to check their processing status as the CIC updates as it made available.....

The more introduction of GCMS from the CIC is pasted below......

The Global Case Management System (GCMS)

GCMS is a critical component of the infrastructure that will help CIC accomplish its strategic outcomes and priorities. GCMS is a multi year initiative designed to replace 12 legacy systems currently used by the staff of both CIC and the CBSA. With an integrated, automated case management system to support client operations around the globe, GCMS will facilitate the move towards more streamlined operations, standardized business practices and improved client service in both organizations. A key component of CIC's client service improvement plan, GCMS will also help communicate and share appropriate data with partners and provide timely and accurate information needed for effective operations and sound management decisions.

Based on departmental requirements, CIC received approval to initiate the GCMS project in 2000-2001. The contract to purchase the system and develop the application was signed in March 2003. Later that year, the creation of the CBSA and the subsequent transfer of immigration functions between CIC and the CBSA resulted in GCMS becoming a shared system and a key tool for both organizations to manage the movement of clients.

The first GCMS release was deployed to citizenship offices across Canada and the citizenship case processing centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia in September, 2004. The successful rollout of the Citizenship component of GCMS proved that the system was viable. As work continued on the project, however, it became clear that the completion of all remaining functionality would take longer than initially expected. Complications revealed during the testing phase resulted in the decision to carry out a thorough review of the project. It was assessed based on the entire client continuum in order to determine the most effective means of successfully completing it. The findings of an independent review conducted in December 2006 indicated that the decision to re-evaluate was indeed prudent. In February 2007, CIC sought the TBS's authorization, through a Treasury Board Submission, to revise the Amended Effective Project Approval (A/EPA) with respect to budget and schedule. This amendment was to allow the review and analysis work to continue and to prepare, by October 31, 2007, an amended EPA submission for the authority to complete the project, supported by a revised plan with proposed schedule and estimated cost. With the February 2007 submission, the project team also committed to provide a comprehensive progress report to TBS in June 2007.

The goal for the GCMS project remains to ensure the safe, low-risk implementation of the system.

zakoy

Star Member
Mar 3, 2011
CEBU, PHILS
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10.NOV.2010
AOR Received.
[per]22.FEB.2011------------[2nd aor] 16.MAR.2011
Med's Request
WAITING
Med's Done....
WAITING
Interview........
HOPEFULLY WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
IN HIS TIME
Hi all! I got a DECISION MADE in my ecas, nine days after 2nd aor was emailed to me. Could this possibly be an error from ecas? three other forumers got DM as well since march 24-26. :(

Anyone, pls confirm. Your answers are appreciated. Thanks!

kolijartukra

Jan 6, 2011
zakoy said:
Hi all! I got a DECISION MADE in my ecas, nine days after 2nd aor was emailed to me. Could this possibly be an error from ecas? three other forumers got DM as well since march 24-26. :(

Anyone, pls confirm. Your answers are appreciated. Thanks!
AT THIS MOMENT CANADA IMMIGRATION IS PLAYING WITH OUR LIFE................

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
Guys I received my 2nd AOR today.

Application received at CIO. 13 May 2010
First AOR. 19 oct 2010
Full docs received at london. 9 dec 2010
2nd AOR. 18 April 2011 (received today on 25 april 2011)
Ecas. RVBO

Thanks

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wxyz123 said:
Guys I received my 2nd AOR today.

Application received at CIO. 13 May 2010
First AOR. 19 oct 2010
Full docs received at london. 9 dec 2010
2nd AOR. 18 April 2011 (received today on 25 april 2011)
Ecas. RVBO

Thanks
Your status is RBVO or IN Process on the ecase cover ?

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
staralihaider said:
I think before this you are saying that it is showing IN Process , mine still IN Process with RBVO details.
Hi ALi!

Yes its true. Ecas was in process before but changed to RBVO after some time. Now its same RBVO

Thanks