+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in "CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience"

Sarapgw

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
I did not have foreign work experience so that is why i lost 26 points. The second work experience question they ask in crs calculator is related to foreign work experience

gaggugill

Oct 31, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
Hi everyone,

I made my Express Entry profile and my total adds up to 473 points..
I have Canadian Masters Degree and 1 year experience now in NOC 2133.

The issue is that in my CRS Calculator the total I got was 499. But in Express Entry its only 473.
I checked my entire profile several times.. couldnt find any error.

Upon comparing the points with CRS calculator, I figured the difference of 26 points.
I am missing points in CRS - Skills Transferability - Foreign Work Experience in my Express Entry Profile... which seems ok because I do not have any foreign work experience and only 1 year experience in Canada.

But the CRS Calculator asks you two sub-questions at Question 6 Work Experience..
i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?
It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).
I answered this 1 Year

ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
- If I answer this 1 Year (which is my total work experience) the CRS calculator gives me total 499 by giving me 26 points under Skills Transferability - Foreign Work Experience as following:
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 13
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 13
- If I answer this as None, my total in both is same i.e. 473

Am I supposed to answer this question 0 or 1 Year????

CRS Calculator seems correct if I just answer the ques that my total experience is 1 Year as well.... It is not basically asking how many total foreign work experience do I have???

I hope I am making myself clear and you understand my confusion...
Any help will be appreciated..

Thanks
Param

gaggugill

Oct 31, 2017
Surrey BC
Category........
Hi
So I used the score calculator tool on the CIC website to check my score, and it showed I have 469 points. Now, I submitted my application yesterday, which got updated today, and it says I have only 443points.

I crossed checked to see what was difference and turns out I was awarded 26 points in the CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience section in the calculator, whereas the application awarded me no points.

I have no foreign work experience, just one year of skilled work experience in Canada. The part I am confused is why the calculator gave me points for foreign experience when it never asked anything about it? Is it an overlooked bug? Should I resubmit my application?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

I am facing the same.. I do not have any foreign experience but only 1 year experience in Canada.. ???
What did you do about it ???

litsy

May 3, 2018
hey! I got 26 points for foreign work experience in my EE profile. And got invited to apply. All of a sudden in my PR application,these points went missing randomly after i logged into my application. I have more than 3 years of foreign work experience in NOC level 0 . I have deleted all work history and re-entered it with no luck. Any idea whats going on?

Kushal Kamboj

Jun 29, 2018
I am facing the same issue. In my last Express entry profile it was 443 and now it is showing 25 points lesser in work experience (Skill transferability). I scored 50 in the last application, I have 7 years of continuous work exp.
What I wonder How is there a difference in CRS tool and the application tool. Please guide ASAP.

Sarzz2330

Aug 9, 2018
I see others with my problem...I has 432 points when I did my express entry profile. I had a birth day and logged on to see how much my points would have fallen, expecting to still see 400 something, instead I saw 370, to my shock and horror I realized that my total 100 points for skills transferability was cut in half, can anyone explain why

Sarzz2330

Aug 9, 2018
I am facing the same issue. In my last Express entry profile it was 443 and now it is showing 25 points lesser in work experience (Skill transferability). I scored 50 in the last application, I have 7 years of continuous work exp.
What I wonder How is there a difference in CRS tool and the application tool. Please guide ASAP.

Did you find out why...I have same problem

lobell

Jun 13, 2018
If you are experiencing a deficit of 25 points in Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience, you need to look at all the entries you made for work history and ensure that number of hours per week is inputted as 40 and not 8 as will most likely be the case.

Cheers!

Apr 1, 2020
Hi Folks,

I am having the same issue as mentioned above and for the life of me can't figure out the reduction in my score. I recently submitted my express entry application and I see that the overall CRS score after submitting is 450, which is different from the one I calculated in the below website (CRS score:475) prior to applying.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

In the field- 'CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience ' I received a score of 25 whereas in the tool I am getting 50 points Not sure why this happened!! I doubled check my application twice to see if I made an error but didn't.

Also, I have a CLB score of 9 for IELTS and 3+ years of foreign work experience with NOC A.

Really would appreciate the help.

ImanM

Dec 28, 2023
If you are experiencing a deficit of 25 points in Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience, you need to look at all the entries you made for work history and ensure that number of hours per week is inputted as 40 and not 8 as will most likely be the case.

Cheers!
Hello, back home my weekly hours were 45 not 40, will this be the problem?

yash.19

Feb 24, 2024
Hello, back home my weekly hours were 45 not 40, will this be the problem?

I am literally facing the same problem in the Skill Transferability section, I also changed the working hours to 40 hours and still didnt get the points for it? Did you figure it out ?