+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in Citizenship Application - Address of Past Employer

trickytricky

Aug 20, 2021
Hello

I submitted an application for citizenship online a few days back. Unfortunately, I realized a mistake after submitting. In the address of my first employer, I accidentally placed the address of my current employer. Once I receive my AoR should I submit a webform explaining the situation? Also would there be any negative implications for this error? Your advice is appreciated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello

I submitted an application for citizenship online a few days back. Unfortunately, I realized a mistake after submitting. In the address of my first employer, I accidentally placed the address of my current employer. Once I receive my AoR should I submit a webform explaining the situation? Also would there be any negative implications for this error? Your advice is appreciated.
I don't think this should be a problem. You can raise a webform and correct this once you receive AOR.

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
hello everyone ,
I am filing my citizenship and have a question
1) Company A is the company that employed me .
Company B was the company is was working for on contract
Company A is the division of Company C
Now,
Company A has issued my paystubs and RoE, but Company A was sold to some other company during my contract.
Now company C is giving me the employment letter on their letter head.
1)
my question is what name should i put on the form. Company A orCompany C or Both together
2) Whose address should the form have Company A / Company C ?
Thank you

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
hello everyone ,
Now,
Company A has issued my paystubs and RoE, but Company A was sold to some other company during my contract.
1)
my question is what name should i put on the form. Company A orCompany C or Both together
Thank you
it's a bit tricky but if I was in your position i'll make two different rows ( correct me if I am wrong )
one for Company A which gave you your paystubs from mmyyyy to mmyyyy ( before being acquired by company c
second for company C from date when it acquired company A from mmyyyy to mmyyyy
or if company C is giving you your Emplyment letter / Letter of Experience which has your starting date and ending date you can use that

Basically, you should have some doc to back you up incase they ask you ( while filling the form you only need to mention your employment dates and not exactly give any proof )

This is my $0.02 on this, if any one else can advise you better

Reactions: ankul

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone ,
Now,
1)
Thank you
Is this in canada or a different country. Specifically, company A and Company C ?

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Is this in canada or a different country. Specifically, company A and Company C ?
hi cecapplied
All companies are in canada
But the big issue is
Company A gave me the paystubs which is a division if company b
Now since company a is sold , company b is giving me the employment letter ,
Now what should i mention ?
Thanks

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
it's a bit tricky but if I was in your position i'll make two different rows ( correct me if I am wrong )
one for Company A which gave you your paystubs from mmyyyy to mmyyyy ( before being acquired by company c
second for company C from date when it acquired company A from mmyyyy to mmyyyy
or if company C is giving you your Emplyment letter / Letter of Experience which has your starting date and ending date you can use that

Basically, you should have some doc to back you up incase they ask you ( while filling the form you only need to mention your employment dates and not exactly give any proof )

This is my $0.02 on this, if any one else can advise you better
Hi,
Thank you for your 2 cents .
really useful
But company A was a division of company C . Company A was sold. Now Company C is giving me employment letter but Company A gave me paystubs and pay

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi cecapplied
All companies are in canada
But the big issue is
Company A gave me the paystubs which is a division if company b
Now what should i mention ?
Thanks
Keeping it consistent with what CRA has for information is the best way to go. If you have already filed taxes for 1 year for company B, have a look at the T4 statements on your My CRA account to see what is the name

If you have not yet had it, have a look at MSCA (my service canada account) which will show you your employment history. Typically when you are employed with one company and it has been taken over or had a name change, you would see that record in the employment history. My hunch is .. it would show you as an employee of A .. and then there after B

In my case, the name of my company had changed from A - B - even though everything was still the same

i had reported emplyed with A from date x to y
and then emplyed with B from y - z

What is the name of company now listed in the salary statement ?

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Keeping it consistent with what CRA has for information is the best way to go. If you have already filed taxes for 1 year for company B, have a look at the T4 statements on your My CRA account to see what is the name

If you have not yet had it, have a look at MSCA (my service canada account) which will show you your employment history. Typically when you are employed with one company and it has been taken over or had a name change, you would see that record in the employment history. My hunch is .. it would show you as an employee of A .. and then there after B

In my case, the name of my company had changed from A - B - even though everything was still the same

i had reported emplyed with A from date x to y
and then emplyed with B from y - z

What is the name of company now listed in the salary statement ?
Thank you cecapplied
I will clarify
I was employed by vendorpass on contract and worked for scotia.
vendorpass is division of modis.
vendorpass gave me paystub and roe
Then vendorpass was sold to icon hr,
After that icon hr gave me paystubs and roe. And Employment Letter but for the first part modis is giving me employment letter not Vendorpass
Now my confusion is for first part should i list Vendorpass or modis or vendorpass / modis.

also what address Should i put , the agency , or scotia or my home as i was working from home due to pandemic ?
** no taxes files so no cra but have it from service canada (roe)

thankyou

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you cecapplied
I will clarify
I was employed by vendorpass on contract and worked for scotia.
vendorpass is division of modis.
vendorpass gave me paystub and roe
Then vendorpass was sold to icon hr,
After that icon hr gave me paystubs and roe. And Employment Letter but for the first part modis is giving me employment letter not Vendorpass
Now my confusion is for first part should i list Vendorpass or modis or vendorpass / modis.

also what address Should i put , the agency , or scotia or my home as i was working from home due to pandemic ?
** no taxes files so no cra but have it from service canada (roe)

thankyou
you should list the address of the company in the payslip or your employment letter. (you are remote working, but your adress of employment is that of your company)

try to list your company, for each duration, based on whom you recieve paystubs reference of the company

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
you should list the address of the company in the payslip or your employment letter. (you are remote working, but your adress of employment is that of your company)

try to list your company, for each duration, based on whom you recieve paystubs reference of the company
Thank you so much

I had a couple of more questions please
1) i had a russia transit visa, but form from 18 july 2014 to 18 july 2014,
Form is not taking it as its same date , should i just put it in explanation sheet ?
2) i had a uk visa but its not in the drop down , what should i choose ?
3) I have bought a pre constitution house in in different province, should i mention about that in explanation sheet from point of view of stability ??

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) i had a russia transit visa, but form from 18 july 2014 to 18 july 2014,
Form is not taking it as its same date , should i just put it in explanation sheet ?
I assume you are filling in for your residency calculator where you want to update this. Assuming that is the case, and because it is a transit visa, you may have transited through russia on your way to canada or some other place. Is that correct.

Assuming it is.

You may have left canada lets say 1st july and returned back on 20th july, while transiting one day through russia. If yes, you may probably enter day left canada as 1st july and day returned to canada as 20th july.

In a explanation letter you can indicate that for the trip dated july 1 through july 20, you had transited through russia for one day

T
2) i had a uk visa but its not in the drop down , what should i choose ?
I am not sure, maybe someone who has knowledge can advise ? however, you say you have a visa. did you also visit that country on that visa ?

3) I have bought a pre constitution house in in different province, should i mention about that in explanation sheet from point of view of stability ??
You are applying for a citizenship, i dont think this would add much value. Primarily if you have met your PR obligations, no criminal record, and no false statements - that would be what they would be looking for at a high level.

These would be my opinions.

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
I assume you are filling in for your residency calculator where you want to update this. Assuming that is the case, and because it is a transit visa, you may have transited through russia on your way to canada or some other place. Is that correct.

Assuming it is.

You may have left canada lets say 1st july and returned back on 20th july, while transiting one day through russia. If yes, you may probably enter day left canada as 1st july and day returned to canada as 20th july.

In a explanation letter you can indicate that for the trip dated july 1 through july 20, you had transited through russia for one day

I am not sure, maybe someone who has knowledge can advise ? however, you say you have a visa. did you also visit that country on that visa ?

You are applying for a citizenship, i dont think this would add much value. Primarily if you have met your PR obligations, no criminal record, and no false statements - that would be what they would be looking for at a high level.

These would be my opinions.
Hi ,
Thank you for your response.
Actually i had transited through russia back in 2014 , and i am filling that ij the actual form under immigration section but since it was a same day visa hence its not taking it.
I have a visa issued for that on the passport

For UK i had a student visa, and i studied there, but the form dropdown does not have UK ?
Thank You