+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa to go to India

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
I booked an appointment with BLS to surrender passport and apply for entry visa. I selected service as passport and I got the email confirmation of the appointment. However the address says 40 Gillingham while it should be 60 Gillingham for passport surrender and entry visa. Can I still go to 60 Gillingham with this appointment? Can the same appointment be used for both surrender and entry visa?
Thanks Tommy for the reply. Here is my experience today.

I went at around 10:30 AM to 60 Gillingham although my appointment said 40 Gillingham. Explained to the security guard that I needed to apply for both surrender and entry visa but my appointment said 40 Gillingham. Either he didn't understand me or he thought it was ok. He told me that he would let me in if I came back at 11 AM (my appointment time) and he let me into the building with a token number when I returned at 11AM. (just rested at Tims closeby for 30 minutes)

Went to the 4th floor (BLS office) and there were few people with token numbers lower than mine. No seating arrangement here. Everyone waits in line as per their token number. So 11 AM appointment means that you will be allowed to enter the building at 11AM, but it was almost 11:30 when my token number was called.

When I went to the counter, the lady at the counter asked me if I was submitting one or two applications. When I said two, she asked me if I walked in or if I had an appointment. When I said appointment, she said "well, you need 2 appointments". I said "I couldn't book 2 appointments". She said "you have to book surrender one with Indian passport number and entry visa with Canada passport number". I said "I booked my appointment 45 days ago and I got my Canadian passport only 2 days ago". She unwillingly said "For this time I will process both, but not next time". I thought "why will I ever apply for them in the future", but said "Thank you so much". Opted for pickup. She tried to convince me for Purolator delivery, but I said that I had problems with my landlord and that I didn't want to risk these coming in by mail. It took about 10 minutes for her to verify documents. and then she gave me receipts with tracking numbers and I left.

For entry visa, indian passport copy is needed. It is not in the checklist. So better to carry extra copies of your documents. Passport collection will be at 40 Gillingham between 3 to 4 PM only. I should say I was very lucky that she processed both surrender and entry visa with one appoinment, but this may not happen for all, so please plan accordingly. Walkin queue was really long which was not a surprise. An elderly couple who waited since 5 AM were asked to redo the forms because they made some mistake. they said "we are not young, we cannot wait from 5 AM one more time". They were told to talk to someone. I don't know what happened afterwards. I saw that some of the officers were asking applicants to scan QR code to post feedback in google. I think this explains why there are so many google reviews with officer names mentioned.

Reactions: Tommy2581

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks Tommy for the reply. Here is my experience today.

I went at around 10:30 AM to 60 Gillingham although my appointment said 40 Gillingham. Explained to the security guard that I needed to apply for both surrender and entry visa but my appointment said 40 Gillingham. Either he didn't understand me or he thought it was ok. He told me that he would let me in if I came back at 11 AM (my appointment time) and he let me into the building with a token number when I returned at 11AM. (just rested at Tims closeby for 30 minutes)

Went to the 4th floor (BLS office) and there were few people with token numbers lower than mine. No seating arrangement here. Everyone waits in line as per their token number. So 11 AM appointment means that you will be allowed to enter the building at 11AM, but it was almost 11:30 when my token number was called.

When I went to the counter, the lady at the counter asked me if I was submitting one or two applications. When I said two, she asked me if I walked in or if I had an appointment. When I said appointment, she said "well, you need 2 appointments". I said "I couldn't book 2 appointments". She said "you have to book surrender one with Indian passport number and entry visa with Canada passport number". I said "I booked my appointment 45 days ago and I got my Canadian passport only 2 days ago". She unwillingly said "For this time I will process both, but not next time". I thought "why will I ever apply for them in the future", but said "Thank you so much". Opted for pickup. She tried to convince me for Purolator delivery, but I said that I had problems with my landlord and that I didn't want to risk these coming in by mail. It took about 10 minutes for her to verify documents. and then she gave me receipts with tracking numbers and I left.

For entry visa, indian passport copy is needed. It is not in the checklist. So better to carry extra copies of your documents. Passport collection will be at 40 Gillingham between 3 to 4 PM only. I should say I was very lucky that she processed both surrender and entry visa with one appoinment, but this may not happen for all, so please plan accordingly. Walkin queue was really long which was not a surprise. An elderly couple who waited since 5 AM were asked to redo the forms because they made some mistake. they said "we are not young, we cannot wait from 5 AM one more time". They were told to talk to someone. I don't know what happened afterwards. I saw that some of the officers were asking applicants to scan QR code to post feedback in google. I think this explains why there are so many google reviews with officer names mentioned.
Can anyone tell me please for Applying Entry visa on application there is question-
1-Passport details - is this Indian passport or Canadian passport details?
2-Any other valid passport/ dual nationality held?

hanin142

Jul 30, 2016
Dubai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/11/2016
Doc's Request.
01/03/2017 ITA
AOR Received.
14/03/2017
for tourist visa app , In "Have You Ever visited India ?" , I put "no" as it then I have to put in Indian visa details which I never had. In "Countries visited in last 10 years" , I put in all the countries I visited including India. Would this be ok?

hanin142

Jul 30, 2016
Dubai
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/11/2016
Doc's Request.
01/03/2017 ITA
AOR Received.
14/03/2017
Do we need thumb print for minor for visit visa application?

arora_25

Mar 7, 2021
Did anyone get the tourist visa approved recently? BLS received my postal application on 18th Oct and it was under processing with consulate on Oct 26th.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Did anyone get the tourist visa approved recently? BLS received my postal application on 18th Oct and it was under processing with consulate on Oct 26th.
4 of us applied on Oct 22, walked in at the same time
1- nephew received it today
3- waiting

Hamzy

May 28, 2018
I applied on Oct 19th. Postal application to BLS Surrey. No updates yet.

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Kids got their Canadian passport within a week,by paying 50 cad each..
Applied for tourist visa
Nov 10(walk-in)
Nov 12 -processing in consulate.

Another kid (had a mistake,asked me to come through appointment or walk-in)
On Nov 12 went for walk in at 6:30 am..waited for 5 hours..sent back.

Nov 12 posted through postal
Nov 15: expected delivery to postal.

Fingers crossed.

Travel is on dec7.

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Anyone who received entry visa recently, what is your timeline?

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
Anyone who received entry visa recently, what is your timeline?
My application status change today to process in consulate general. I applied last Wednesday walk in surrey

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014
Kids got their Canadian passport within a week,by paying 50 cad each..
Applied for tourist visa
Nov 10(walk-in)
Nov 12 -processing in consulate.

Another kid (had a mistake,asked me to come through appointment or walk-in)
On Nov 12 went for walk in at 6:30 am..waited for 5 hours..sent back.

Nov 12 posted through postal
Nov 15: expected delivery to postal.

Fingers crossed.

Travel is on dec7.
Where did u apply in toronto or vancouver?

Pvraju

Nov 11, 2013
Applied on Oct 28th - walkin @ brampton

Visa status enquiry: Your visa is processed is Granted but Not-Printed.

BLS status update: In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre

These two are conflicting. BLS status says intransit from Consulate to BLS but Consulate status says not yet printed.

Anyone saw this before?