+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa to go to India

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
URGENT

In Entry visa application there is a question "how many countries have you visited in last 10 years?" So should I mention all the countries that were visited using Indian passport? I will surrender Indian passport along with the entry visa application.

Also, for the question "Any other passport/identity certificate held?" Should I give Indian passport details?

Last edited:

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
URGENT

In Entry visa application there is a question "how many countries have you visited in last 10 years?" So should I mention all the countries that were visited using Indian passport? I will surrender Indian passport along with the entry visa application.

Also, for the question "Any other passport/identity certificate held?" Should I give Indian passport details?
Any advice please?

arora_25

Mar 7, 2021
URGENT

I'm just filling out my tourist visa application. Based on my understanding, it is asking if you have any other "valid" passport. Your Indian passport automatically becomes invalid as soon as you obtain another citizenship. I verified my understanding by going to the BLS website -> Tourist Visa -> Document Requirements, there they have a sample form. In the sample form, it clearly states, that "If you are holding dual citizenship then please select yes and enter the details of the other nationality passport. Please make sure that all details should match with the passport."

So based on this, I decided to select No in my application.

Reactions: UniqueCase

arora_25

Mar 7, 2021
I have following three questions. I'd very much appreciate if someone could help answer these:

1. Is it mandatory to upload digital photo in the online form or just pasting the physical photo on the print out is enough?
  2. I'm applying for a tourist visa. Is surrender certificate (or a receipt of application processing) mandatory for tourist visa?
  3. Do I need to print the checklist page and submit it with the paper application? I will be submitting the application through post

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
I'm just filling out my tourist visa application. Based on my understanding, it is asking if you have any other "valid" passport. Your Indian passport automatically becomes invalid as soon as you obtain another citizenship. I verified my understanding by going to the BLS website -> Tourist Visa -> Document Requirements, there they have a sample form. In the sample form, it clearly states, that "If you are holding dual citizenship then please select yes and enter the details of the other nationality passport. Please make sure that all details should match with the passport."

So based on this, I decided to select No in my application.
Thank you!

Reactions: Anncs

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
I have following three questions. I'd very much appreciate if someone could help answer these:

1. Is it mandatory to upload digital photo in the online form or just pasting the physical photo on the print out is enough?
  2. I'm applying for a tourist visa. Is surrender certificate (or a receipt of application processing) mandatory for tourist visa?
  3. Do I need to print the checklist page and submit it with the paper application? I will be submitting the application through post
1. Yes. Make sure it's cropped of correct dimensions

2. As far as I know surrender is mandatory for entry visa only and not tourist visa

3. Yes, it is required for postal and walk-ins

Reactions: arora_25

Snoov

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
No idea. I applied for Entry visa thinking that it will be quicker but the agent told me that processing time for entry visa is 40 days.
I visited Brampton location today. It was quick process. Took about 30 mins submit 3 applications. Surrender plus two entry visas. She told be it will max 30 days. You might receive it before too

Reactions: UniqueCase

Snoov

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014

just to add to your answered question 1- make sure you upload the same photo that you attach to application

UniqueCase

Jul 10, 2018
I visited Brampton location today. It was quick process. Took about 30 mins submit 3 applications. Surrender plus two entry visas. She told be it will max 30 days. You might receive it before too
That's good to know. How was the line up today there? I have heard it's a very busy location

rai786

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Do we need to send the original or copy of surrender certificate in mail to apply for entry visa also do we send original passport along with this in mail?
Thanks

Snoov

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
That's good to know. How was the line up today there? I have heard it's a very busy location
line up was crazy… almost 150 applicants by 8AM
I had an appointment luckily. If you get there by 4.30 am you can easily get it done. Security and the staff are very polite.