+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Thanks for that info!
So i can pay 50 dollars for expediting visa? Sadly i dont have an appointment and it is very hard to get.
50 dollars is for getting new Canadian passport within a week... unfortunately BLS dint tell me anything to expedite the visa process.am ready to pay 200 cad too..cos if we calculate ,rescheduling tickets wil be upto 750..just fingers crossed..if u don't have an appointment, (when I checked appointment, for 2 months its full unless some1 cancels),postal is better else u should go for walk-in at 4-5 am itself in this cold weather..try checking from 16th..Toronto BLS r coming up with appointment for daily walk in,if u r lucky u wil get 1 slot...else go to the BLS at 4 where they are picking people from q.if u are very sure that u have all the check list and filled correctly and u have atleast a month for travel,try for postal.they charge u,but it's way easy in this weather and unavailable BLS appointments.
If u r going for q walk-in,if u have an infant u have an upper hand.else take full winter jacket with chair and water.

Last edited:

tusharpurohit03

Jun 17, 2018
If u pay 50 they send it within a week...this is good,if you have a appointment early..or if you are ready to stand in line at 3 am itself...they said it will take 15-30 days for tourist visa and 45 days for entry visa..so they changed my visa from entry to tourist.
If you are applying through postal,they would charge 83+10 approximately...they would pick it from your place ..but the processing time wil add by 3-7 days..
Walk ins are faster,but you should have an appointment booked(usually 2 months b4) or you should be there by 3 am to get your slot..from 16th in Toronto BLS,they would give appointments for daily walk ins by refreshing page,no waiting
As long as I know, starting from 16th Nov, they will stop taking walk-ins and only accept applications by appointment. But they will open more slots to book an appointment, so keep checking. Also, it is strange; when I had a tourist visa on my form, they said an entry visa was faster, and they switched my application from a tourist to an entry visa.

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
As long as I know, starting from 16th Nov, they will stop taking walk-ins and only accept applications by appointment. But they will open more slots to book an appointment, so keep checking. Also, it is strange; when I had a tourist visa on my form, they said an entry visa was faster, and they switched my application from a tourist to an entry visa.
When did u apply ..I don't know why these people have wrong info,they changed mine from entry to tourist... tourist visa is 25 cad more...on BLS cc ,tourist visa is 30 days and ev is 45 days..but when my husband applied for his visa,the cc said that entry visa is specifically for Indians,so checking will be easier whereas tourist visa is applied by people all over the world,so it might take some time...

gurimahal7204

Aug 30, 2015
Here are my timelines:
I applied for tourist visa.
BLS Postal Application sent over to Surrey, BC.
BLS received my docs on Oct 17, 2022
Application date as per CGI Vancouver is Nov 02, 2022, not sure why there was such a delay!
I just checked few minutes ago, the new status on Indiavisaonline is - "Your visa is Processed and Printed."
Hoping to get the passport back asap.. our travel in in 2 weeks!
BLS received my application on 17th oct too but received at consulate at 9th nov as they updated online..i called them today and they are still saying maybe 3 weeks more..so stressed out as our tickets are for 25th nov..

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
BLS received my application on 17th oct too but received at consulate at 9th nov as they updated online..i called them today and they are still saying maybe 3 weeks more..so stressed out as our tickets are for 25th nov..
Omg....that's more than a month...my husband applied for entry visa and he got it within 10 days,2 months back the Brampton BLS changed from tourist to entry visa for faster process...but here in North York BLS,they asked me to change from entry to tourist visa...now am worried after seeing yours..I should have stood at 3 am instead of opting postal and opted for entry visa ..my application has reached BLS only today .I got my plans on dec7.not even a month...after applying I heard that,entry visa is easier to process because Indian govt wil have our details, whereas for tourist visa they have to check with the other country ..don't know why the BLS asked me to change from entry to tourist..and there is no pick up option.simply worried and frustrated.

gurimahal7204

Aug 30, 2015
Omg....that's more than a month...my husband applied for entry visa and he got it within 10 days,2 months back the Brampton BLS changed from tourist to entry visa for faster process...but here in North York BLS,they asked me to change from entry to tourist visa...now am worried after seeing yours..I should have stood at 3 am instead of opting postal and opted for entry visa ..my application has reached BLS only today .I got my plans on dec7.not even a month...after applying I heard that,entry visa is easier to process because Indian govt wil have our details, whereas for tourist visa they have to check with the other country ..don't know why the BLS asked me to change from entry to tourist..and there is no pick up option.simply worried and frustrated.
Cannot trust this system

foobaar

Mar 5, 2017
It is so confusing which one is better. And now BLS have stopped walk in there is no way to know what is better. Very frustrating.

tusharpurohit03

Jun 17, 2018
When did u apply ..I don't know why these people have wrong info,they changed mine from entry to tourist... tourist visa is 25 cad more...on BLS cc ,tourist visa is 30 days and ev is 45 days..but when my husband applied for his visa,the cc said that entry visa is specifically for Indians,so checking will be easier whereas tourist visa is applied by people all over the world,so it might take some time...
I applied on the 11th Nov. Walk-in. The agent told me the same thing. An entry visa is faster than a tourist visa. I hope that is true.

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
I applied on the 11th Nov. Walk-in. The agent told me the same thing. An entry visa is faster than a tourist visa. I hope that is true.
You must have applied through Brampton BLS,same as my husband ..I applied through North York BLS...am hoping mine would b true too..since e visa has been revoked for many countries...many might apply for that and the count for tourist visa wil reduce ..and I read somewhere that now days BLS s pushing for tourist visa...unless we work there,we wont know what this BLS s thinking..

Reactions: tusharpurohit03

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Kids visa
Walkin application 10th Nov

BLS:Nov 10 application generated
Nov 12 processing at consulate
Indian website:
Nov 14 under processing
nov16 granted but not printed

Postal application posted on 12th Nov
15 Nov reached to agent
BLS 16 Nov application has been generated
Indian website: under process
..staying positive and fingers crossed and praying all my gods

Last edited:

gurimahal7204

Aug 30, 2015
Here are my timelines:
I applied for tourist visa.
BLS Postal Application sent over to Surrey, BC.
BLS received my docs on Oct 17, 2022
Application date as per CGI Vancouver is Nov 02, 2022, not sure why there was such a delay!
I just checked few minutes ago, the new status on Indiavisaonline is - "Your visa is Processed and Printed."
Hoping to get the passport back asap.. our travel in in 2 weeks!
Did you get your passport back?

skvaranasi

Nov 11, 2022
Did you get your passport back?
No!!!! the status now on BLS is - "In Transit from Consulate General to BLS Centre".
God knows why it takes more than 4 frckin days to send the passport from one place to another in the same damn city. I'm just in praying mode right now!! Fingers crossed!