+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry denied at airport

Salahuddin

Feb 19, 2009
Hello

I am a british citizen and I came to Canada last month but was denied entry because my statments didnt match my sponsors statments. I am married to my sponsor but only religious marriage which isnt valid in Canada. Now we need to have the civil marriage done in Canada but I am scared I might get refused again :( If I try to enter Canada through Niagra Falls, and say I am just visiting the canadian side along with some frinds, do you gusy think they will stop me again?

When I went back to UK, they didnt deport me but just simply asked me to fill in a form and sign it saying I am going back willingly. Would the Immigration still be holding records against me? Even at US and Canada broders?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Salahuddin said:
Hello

I am a british citizen and I came to Canada last month but was denied entry because my statments didnt match my sponsors statments. I am married to my sponsor but only religious marriage which isnt valid in Canada. Now we need to have the civil marriage done in Canada but I am scared I might get refused again :( If I try to enter Canada through Niagra Falls, and say I am just visiting the canadian side along with some frinds, do you gusy think they will stop me again?

When I went back to UK, they didnt deport me but just simply asked me to fill in a form and sign it saying I am going back willingly. Would the Immigration still be holding records against me? Even at US and Canada broders?
Yes you are now in the System.

PMM

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011

poiuut

Feb 20, 2009
PMM and RobsLuv are experts, I'm a novice, so assume they're right. I'd just add that once you're "in the system" as PMM put it, be aware that may, with some IOs at some times, (unfairly) create suspicion. From now on, re all paperwork the Canadian government will see (anything from visitor's visa to immigration) be circumspect.

Best of luck.

rubi1

Feb 12, 2009
Hi
why do you not get married the way immigration requires and save your self the hassel, you are married regardless, religion or civil get married and full fill the required. You will save your self lot time.

Please do not try to say things that the Canadian Immigration would be surprised.
rubi1