+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry and Exit information on form IMM 5444?

hbataille

Star Member
Jun 19, 2018
I'm filling out my PR card renewal application. There is a place on the online application where it asks you to list all the dates you left and entered Canada. However, further down on page 7 you can check a box allowing the govornment of Canada to access your border crossing information. I read online that requesting the info yourself from border protection can take a long time, and to simply check the box on your application so they can look at your entries and exits directly.

However in this case, what do I do for the section where I am supposed to list entries and exits? Do I just leave this field blanc? I of course could never remember or find all the dates we left by car. Do I just leave blanc and check the box on page 7?

Hope that makes sense, thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm filling out my PR card renewal application. There is a place on the online application where it asks you to list all the dates you left and entered Canada. However, further down on page 7 you can check a box allowing the govornment of Canada to access your border crossing information. I read online that requesting the info yourself from border protection can take a long time, and to simply check the box on your application so they can look at your entries and exits directly.

However in this case, what do I do for the section where I am supposed to list entries and exits? Do I just leave this field blanc? I of course could never remember or find all the dates we left by car. Do I just leave blanc and check the box on page 7?

Hope that makes sense, thank you!
You need to complete the section that lists all of your entries and exits regardless.

hbataille

Star Member
Jun 19, 2018
You need to complete the section that lists all of your entries and exits regardless.
How do I go about knowing my entry and exit dates? This link here is where I read that renewing PR card means you do NOT have to request a travel history report.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
How do I go about knowing my entry and exit dates? This link here is where I read that renewing PR card means you do NOT have to request a travel history report.
You 'go about knowing' them by checking your records. You are responsible for them.

You've not provided a link. But the link is wrong.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As others have stated, YOU have to populate the Travel History section of the application. If you do not, the application is incomplete, right? The CBSA records are [likely] used by IRCC when comparing the Travel History that you will provide with what they obtain from CBSA. Bottom line: you still have to input the travel info.