+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering without PR card

OhCanada25

Apr 19, 2017
Hello everyone,

I had a question about entering Canada through US by private car. I am already PR and am wondering if visiting India after soft landing has an impact on being about to enter Canada through US by car. Looks like my PR card is delayed due to photo specs and I need to start job in Canada in 3 weeks.
I have a valid US Visa and my copr with me for reentry into Canada.

Thanks for all the help.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Your passport and COPR is more than enough to enter by land as a PR.

rajababoo

Jan 7, 2018
Hello everyone,

I had a question about entering Canada through US by private car. I am already PR and am wondering if visiting India after soft landing has an impact on being about to enter Canada through US by car. Looks like my PR card is delayed due to photo specs and I need to start job in Canada in 3 weeks.
I have a valid US Visa and my copr with me for reentry into Canada.

Thanks for all the help.
Hi OhCanada25,
I am in the same situation. Were you able to successfully drive across the border ?
Thanks,

Tibs

May 27, 2019
Hi,
We are in similar situation. Please share your experience of landing using private vehicle at US Canada border with Copr and passport.

ahsangens

Oct 13, 2022
Dear Altuist
I am in the same situation. I will do the soft landing next month. I have a conference in Mexico. So I need to visit Mexico before we ger our PR card.
Someone advised me that pass through any closest US city to Canada (such as Vancouver) on my return and then rent a car. With a rental car I will be allowed to enter without a PR card.
Can you please confirm it from your experience?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Dear Altuist
I am in the same situation. I will do the soft landing next month. I have a conference in Mexico. So I need to visit Mexico before we ger our PR card.
Someone advised me that pass through any closest US city to Canada (such as Vancouver) on my return and then rent a car. With a rental car I will be allowed to enter without a PR card.
Can you please confirm it from your experience?
Confirmed in other thread where you asked this question. Read there.