+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada withoug a PR card

ahsangens

Oct 13, 2022
Dear Altuist
I planned our soft landing in Vancouver next month with family. I have a conference in Seattle. It seems that I need to visit Seattle before we get our PR card. I know that without a PR card, we won't be able to reenter Canada unless we have a PRTD. However, we won't have much time to do a PRTD before our return flight from Canada as we are doing a soft landing only.
Can anyone advise me on how can we enter Canada without a PR card? We are planning to take our Me
Someone advised me that I can hire a car from Seattle to Vancouver on my return, I won't be asked PR card.
Is that correct? Did anyone go through the same situation?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Dear Altuist
I planned our soft landing in Vancouver next month with family. I have a conference in Seattle. It seems that I need to visit Seattle before we get our PR card. I know that without a PR card, we won't be able to reenter Canada unless we have a PRTD. However, we won't have much time to do a PRTD before our return flight from Canada as we are doing a soft landing only.
Can anyone advise me on how can we enter Canada without a PR card? We are planning to take our Me
Someone advised me that I can hire a car from Seattle to Vancouver on my return, I won't be asked PR card.
Is that correct? Did anyone go through the same situation?
If you return by land border (on foot or private vehicle) you will be admitted with other PR documents (eg the COPR). You can just tell them you haven't yet received the PR card.

ahsangens

Oct 13, 2022
Thanks, Armoured.
Did you go through the same situation?
One more question:
On my way back from Seattle to Vancouver,
Is public transport available from Seattle to the border, and the pass on foot and take other public transport from the Canada side border to Vancouver? Any such way?
I am asking this question because hiring a one-way vehicle from the rental is very expensive than same-point drop off.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks, Armoured.
Did you go through the same situation?
One more question:
On my way back from Seattle to Vancouver,
Is public transport available from Seattle to the border, and the pass on foot and take other public transport from the Canada side border to Vancouver? Any such way?
I am asking this question because hiring a one-way vehicle from the rental is very expensive than same-point drop off.
I am not aware of any public transportation from the border to Vancouver. But if you can get that, yes, in theory, you can cross on foot.

You can hire taxi or uber but that's not "public transportation".