App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
Doc's Request.
08-01-2010
AOR Received.
15-10-2009
Passport Req..
07-04-2010
Now that Taipei office has requested more documents (FBI certificate, give 60 days) and possibly further delays, I would like her to come to Canada first for a few months, and later go back to Taiwan when the application is approved

She already obtained Tourist VISA (5 year) in July 2009, before we got married (Sep 2009), so no concern about rejected there

1. Can she enter Canada with tourist visa in Feb 2010, and go back to Taiwan in May 2010?
2. Should she tell the custom officer she's in the PR process? I think not

I didn't want her to wait forever in Taiwan until FBI certificate returned and then wait some more after submitted, so may as well wait here in Canada with me

Also, side question, from reading the forum, I believe that, IF she gets passport request via email

1. Send passport back via courier to Taipei office while she's in Canada?
That sounds dangerous as it may take a few weeks and she won't be able to travel anywhere without passport
Meaing, would the safest way still be for her to be IN TAIWAN once the request comes down?

2. Let's say she sent her passport and received it while she's in Canada, she can just enter US and come back and LAND right?
She will just fill out the "goods to follow" form and next time she flys back to Taiwan, just bring back the goods with her?
VS She flys back to Taiwan after approved, and back to Canada to LAND with her goods

This forum is great, many thanks, guys and girls

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. As long as the visa is valid, yes, though as always there is no guarantee of admission.
2. She does not have to volunteer this information, but if they ask, she must be truthful or there will be hell to pay. They can see it on their system, you see, so they will catch a lie.

Side questions:

1. There is no way to predict exactly when the PPR will come, so either be in the ROC or fly back there as soon as she gets the PPR.
2. I don't know if her visa office will send the passport to Canada (many of them won't send it to an address out of their jurisdiction), but to the rest of your question I can confidently answer yes.