+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada With Study Visa after AOR

denizcan91

Jul 16, 2017
Hello Everyone,

This my first post, I have searched the forum but could not find a related topic.

Here is my case:

I got my study permit to study at UBC in April 2017. My studies start by Fall 2017.

I was not expecting to get an ITA but I received one on May and submitted my documents on late June (FSW-Outland).

My question is:

I am planning to enter Canada in August 2017 with my temporary visa. Then i plan to change my adress according to instructions on webpage : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp#outside

and then? I dont know about the next steps and have questions:

1- When i get ppr (hopefully) will I need to go back to my home country to issue/get my permanent visa?
Or can i do it while studying in canada via canadian embassy or visa office after i will make an adress change?

2- If yes, can you provide me a link referring to process? I search at cic website but could not find anything except adress change information.

3- will this kind of adress change (Entering canada after aor) affect the length of my application?

4- Do i need to go out of Canada and re-enter to Canada if I get permanent visa in Canada or can it be done via IRCC office?

Thank you for all help!

Deniz.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

This my first post, I have searched the forum but could not find a related topic.

Here is my case:

I got my study permit to study at UBC in April 2017. My studies start by Fall 2017.

I was not expecting to get an ITA but I received one on May and submitted my documents on late June (FSW-Outland).

My question is:

I am planning to enter Canada in August 2017 with my temporary visa. Then i plan to change my adress according to instructions on webpage : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp#outside

and then? I dont know about the next steps and have questions:

1- When i get ppr (hopefully) will I need to go back to my home country to issue/get my permanent visa?
Or can i do it while studying in canada via canadian embassy or visa office after i will make an adress change?

2- If yes, can you provide me a link referring to process? I search at cic website but could not find anything except adress change information.

3- will this kind of adress change (Entering canada after aor) affect the length of my application?

4- Do i need to go out of Canada and re-enter to Canada if I get permanent visa in Canada or can it be done via IRCC office?

Thank you for all help!

Deniz.
Welcome!

1. This depends on your country of origin and Canada's visa requirements. If you are visa exempt, then you can just scan and upload your passport for this step. If you are not visa exempt, then you will need to mail your passport to Ottawa (because you are already in Canada) per your PPR instructions.

2. The PPR instructions are specific to each applicant based on nationality and current country of residence. Depending on these factors, your case will be assigned to a specific visa office either in Canada if that's where you live or at the nearest Canadian embassy. Here is the link to what I told you in 1 above: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

3. No.

4. You can land either by leaving Canada and re-entering (fastest) or by making an appointment (slowest) after you have the PR visa. Most people land by flag poling, which refers to entering the U.S. briefly, then turning around and re-entering Canada to validate your COPR.

Good luck!

denizcan91

Jul 16, 2017
Welcome!

1. This depends on your country of origin and Canada's visa requirements. If you are visa exempt, then you can just scan and upload your passport for this step. If you are not visa exempt, then you will need to mail your passport to Ottawa (because you are already in Canada) per your PPR instructions.

2. The PPR instructions are specific to each applicant based on nationality and current country of residence. Depending on these factors, your case will be assigned to a specific visa office either in Canada if that's where you live or at the nearest Canadian embassy. Here is the link to what I told you in 1 above: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/final.asp

3. No.

4. You can land either by leaving Canada and re-entering (fastest) or by making an appointment (slowest) after you have the PR visa. Most people land by flag poling, which refers to entering the U.S. briefly, then turning around and re-entering Canada to validate your COPR.

Good luck!
thank you so much picklee for the quick help!

I am from Turkey so i am not an visa exempt ( I have already needed to take (and took) my temporary residence visa for my studies)

I was thinking (scared) that since I started my PR application and received AOR while I am in Turkey, I would need to come back to Turkey to send my passport to Turkish embassy for permanent residency visa. Cause it would be both very costly for me and would require a lot of time to travel back.

So the only thing I will need to do will be updating my adress after entering Canada ?

And when i get ppr; i can send my passport to a visa office / embassy in Camada get my permanent residency visa ?

Thanks a lot again!

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you so much picklee for the quick help!

I am from Turkey so i am not an visa exempt ( I have already needed to take (and took) my temporary residence visa for my studies)

I was thinking (scared) that since I started my PR application and received AOR while I am in Turkey, I would need to come back to Turkey to send my passport to Turkish embassy for permanent residency visa. Cause it would be both very costly for me and would require a lot of time to travel back.

So the only thing I will need to do will be updating my adress after entering Canada ?

And when i get ppr; i can send my passport to a visa office / embassy in Camada get my permanent residency visa ?

Thanks a lot again!
Yes you can update your Canadian address when you arrive and you are required to do so per PR application instructions. You will be asked to send your physical passport to Ottawa central visa office because you reside in Canada. The PR visa is issued by Canada, not Turkey.