+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada a few days before student visa expires

F.warrior

Jun 2, 2011
Hi guys, I understand this question might be a little redundant but I need an answer quick.

Im planning on flying home to Indonesia in July but my student visa expires on August 31, 2011.

So my question is, If I fly back to Canada and arrive a few days before my visa expires (say, Aug. 25-28) and I ALREADY applied online to renew my student visa, will they allow me in?

I really want to make this work, so I also intend on bringing with me a letter from my school saying that I am registered for classes and have paid my tuition fees and maybe a print out which proves that I have applied for a visa extension.

Does anyone have experience with this? I REALLY want to go home and I feel as if I will go crazy if I have to stay here this summer. I tried calling the CIC hotline today to talk to a rep, but it was closed.

I would appreciate any information regarding this because seeing my family is important to me. Thanks.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
F.warrior said:
Hi guys, I understand this question might be a little redundant but I need an answer quick.

Im planning on flying home to Indonesia in July but my student visa expires on August 31, 2011.

So my question is, If I arrive a few days before my visa expires (say, Aug. 25-28) and I ALREADY applied online to renew my student visa, will they allow me in?

I really want to make this work, so I also intend on bringing with me a letter from my school saying that I am registered for classes and have paid my tuition fees and maybe a print out which proves that I have applied for a visa extension.

Does anyone have experience with this? I REALLY want to go home and I feel as if I will go crazy if I have to stay here this summer. I tried calling the CIC hotline today to talk to a rep, but it was closed.

I would appreciate any information regarding this because seeing my family is important to me. Thanks.
Hi,
Don't worry, you are a student. You have your own reason to fly back,only few days before Visa expires. Plus you have all these documents. Relax go home and enjoy your holiday with your parents. :D

F.warrior

Jun 2, 2011
Thanks Ashokcan,

do you have any direct experience with this? How can I further confirm that it is still okay to enter canada with a few days left on the validity of my student visa? Should I call the CIC hotline and speak to a representative?

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
F.warrior said:
Thanks Ashokcan,

do you have any direct experience with this? How can I further confirm that it is still okay to enter canada with a few days left on the validity of my student visa? Should I call the CIC hotline and speak to a representative?
When your next semester starts ? You have already registered for next semester and paid the fees and applied for student permit . Did you apply for the extension of student visa? Because I have done all these.
Answer all these questions first.

F.warrior

Jun 2, 2011
My next semester starts september 7th, yes I have already paid and registered my tuition fees for my next semester. Yes, I have paid the fees and applied for the extension of my student visa.

What must I do next?

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
F.warrior said:
My next semester starts september 7th, yes I have already paid and registered my tuition fees for my next semester. Yes, I have paid the fees and applied for the extension of my student visa.

What must I do next?
Do not worry. You have a student visa and you had been living in Canada, you would be returning to Canada after summer holiday. By law,they can not do anything at airport, you are entering, when your visa is still valid.There is nothing to worry about. And you have documents to show that you are already paid for next semester. Relax, everything is fine. 8)

Ny

Jun 6, 2011
Do not worry at all ^^ Im almost in the same situation but my study permit will expire on Sep 31st and Im coming back on September 3rd.

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
F.warrior said:
Have also you entered Canada with only a few days left on your visa, Ashokan?
Hello Mr.Warrior,

Yes I did,when my visa was only valid for few days. Airport authority has no right to ask you, what you are going to do after two days. They have to see that your visa is still valid to enter in the Country. If you have applied to extend your student visa in Canada and paid the coming semester fees and waiting for the response,you are still legally living in the country till you get the response. Besides, you have all the documents to prove. This rule apply to almost any country. 8) Are you still in Canada ?

khanhchel99

Jul 13, 2017

So my question is, If I fly back to Canada and arrive a few days before my visa expires (say, Aug. 25-28) and I ALREADY applied online to renew my student visa, will they allow me in?

Hi, were you allowed to enter?

Yakshiben

Jul 12, 2017
I am in a similar kind of situation..my current study permit and student visa is expiring on august 31st 2017 and i applied online for my study permit extension on may 13th2017.. i booked my tickets to india for july 26th2017 and i am comming back to canada on august 30th2017.. will i b allowed to enter one day before my current visa expiry??????probably i will hear from cic for my study permit extension next week...can anyone suggest me please please

Yakshiben

Jul 12, 2017
If you have already applied for visa they will ask your passport for stamping.
I have applied for study permit extension not for visa like i have not applied for trv but for permit extension i still have old visa valid till 31st august

zyan

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hello,
I got study permit Extension up to 31aug 2019. But i have visa up to 31july 2017. So how to extend my visa on my passport ? I got permit to day by mail..

Yakshiben

Jul 12, 2017
Hello,
I got study permit Extension up to 31aug 2019. But i have visa up to 31july 2017. So how to extend my visa on my passport ? I got permit to day by mail..
U can apply for trv online and then after a week they will send u a passport submission request u need to submit ur passport and they will stamp it and send back to u... when did u apply for study permit extension??i mean which date did u applied and received approval???i applied on may 13th but waiting for response